Flying my gyro on the History Channel

Steve Welcome to the forum!!
Thanks for posting the pictures...

Another pic

Another pic

Thanks John.
The photos were taken by a friend of mine that flies a hot air balloon.

Attachments

• 7.11.08P 048.jpg
    7.11.08P 048.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 0
Shirley Meyer, as mentioned by Tom M. and Tom T. Hall's wife Leslie, is now flying.

Cheers :)

Thats cool, I can add more to the list:

Marion Springer
Kelly Vanek
Britta Penca
Tina Tyler
Shirley in England
Cathy Greenes
Lisa Magni
Mrs DeGraw
Leslie Hall
Shirley Meyer

Any more?

Last edited:
Tina,
Congrats on the History Channel shoot! I put the date into my calendar.
A question for you.. I have the Sportcopter Lightning with the 503 and wanted to know if you had a 503 and switched to the bigger Rotax. If you did, can you tell me the differences you found, (besides more power).
Thanx, Steve

Hi Scott welcome to the forum. I have a Vortex with the 582. Never had a 503. I am looking for one to put on my KB-2. How do you like the power? Do you wish you had more?

I think more power is always better but we can afford what we can and we have to sometimes settle for less.

Tina there is a lady who flies an unmodded RAF out of Henstridge down in the SW of England with her husband. In my usual fashion have forgotten her name but will get. She also flies their Cri Cri and Auster besides her full time job in Flight Refueling flying a Dassault Falcon as a target aircraft for the Navy.

Marion Springer
Kelly Vanek
Britta Penca
Tina Tyler
Shirley in England
Cathy Greenes
Lisa Magni
Mrs DeGraw
Leslie Hall
Shirley Meyer
Lika in Darfur

Last edited:
:phone: The History Channel called me today and changed the day again they said it will now air August 22nd. Hopefully this will be the last change.

LAST CHANGE I PROMISE!

:phone: I got a call this morning that Roxanne the secretary for the History Channel got the dates mixed up and the show will air this Friday August 15th.

Sorry people for the confusion on the dates this secretary looks to have to much on her plate :help:

Dumb question:
What time Friday?
I'm on the road now, but Friday night I should be at a hotel in Vancouver w/ beers!!!

Oh before I forget, what is the name of the show? I'll try to get someone to watch for it and tape it.

Thank-you Tina.

Jim

Dumb question:
What time Friday?
I'm on the road now, but Friday night I should be at a hotel in Vancouver w/ beers!!!

Oh before I forget, what is the name of the show? I'll try to get someone to watch for it and tape it.

Thank-you Tina.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Not a dumb question, here is the link you can send to your friend, just past and copy or have him look up this forum to this site.

http://www.history.com/minisites/shockwave/

The show plays at different times depending what time zone your at. The History Channel is usually played most every where in the country, you just have to find out what channel it plays where your at.

I'll be watching Tina!!!

I'll be watching, too. However, having checked out the link you provided, I share the concerns that others have mentioned. "Shockwave" seems to cater to the "Ain't horrific, metal-mangling crashes cool?" set. I hope they don't use your segment as a basis for a series of Lawn Dart photos & gruesome descriptions of gyro accidents.

Slam Dunk Sucker Bet

Slam Dunk Sucker Bet

I'll be watching, too. However, having checked out the link you provided, I share the concerns that others have mentioned. "Shockwave" seems to cater to the "Ain't horrific, metal-mangling crashes cool?" set. I hope they don't use your segment as a basis for a series of Lawn Dart photos & gruesome descriptions of gyro accidents.

Ill give 1000 TO 1 ON A PENNY odds they do.
If 100 of you disagree Ill make a dollar. Any takers?

PS I am not a betting man but I am a TV Doc producer. This is a slam dunk.

Fiveboy

Rob I'm expecting the same.

What are you guys talking about, have any of you seen this show?

The show talks about what went wrong and interviews people that were there to get the hole story.

I was the first to fly that day in my gyro and felt the effects of density altitude and the photographer of this crash. They just wanted my opinion leading up to the crash. They took footage of me flying my gyro to add to the drama of that day prior to the crash.

I think the way they play out a story is nicely done and we learn what went wrong. They then talk with the surviver and get his explanation to what happened in the end of the story. They do lead you in a way that your not sure if the pilot lives or dies. It is always a good ending and the accident was survivable.

They told me if Dennis would have died in this crash they would not be interested at all in this story. It is more of a show of survival and betting the odds.

Myself I hope to pull off as a knowledgeable gyro pilot that seen the dangers that day and avoided them myself but could not stop what was to happen to someone else.

So tell me how is that negative to Gyros :noidea:

We have no clue Tina your right!! We just know that if it bleeds it leads and have been burnt before.
But I am an optimist and believe that even bad publicity increases exposure and I'm hoping the piece they do on you will provide the good!!

It's would be great if their conclusions don't = they are death traps that no one should fly. Were just worried as to their understanding of stability more than negative on the show.