Flying my gyro on the History Channel

Tina

Total Flight Time
400+ FW 100+ GYRO
Tina men have kids too! Are you saying that Moms are more important or that men are just more selfish.... ok I already know that answer! Yes to both. LoL

Fiveboy
I know what I said is controversial but it is true. My Dad likes to say " Not very many women would want to fly gyros because they have more sense" I think women have obligations to kids and family and have to be more sensible.

We fly gyros for the pure please of doing it and to hell with anyone that says we cant. It is harder for women to say that when they have kids to look after. That is the main reason I decided early in my life not to have kids.

Men are just more lucky then that and can have both worlds and society will not frown at that like they do to women.

birdy

Aircraft
open frame single seat & a 'wasa' RAF, among other types.
Total Flight Time
7000 odd, bout 5000 gyro
that cost as much as my Corvette.
Gyros, Corvetts,..... hell, you sound like my kinda woman. :)

route66

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
c-182/ RAF AAI Mod.
Total Flight Time
Tina, While ladies are in the minority as far as gyronauts, the ones I have met are all super people such as you and Marion. There is a petite lady I see in Buckeye on occasion who I have watched flying a Sparrowhawk and sometimes getting a little time in a 18A to keep her current. Last time I talked with her she was hoping to get some time in a rebuild of a Pitcairn some place back east. Marilyn is quite a pilot and is a positive force for gyros as she is a safety executive with the FAA who enjoys our crazy aircraft.

Birdy, you are right, there is something exciting when a woman confesses she is into Gyros and Covettes and better yet when she has both.

Tina, I look forward to seeing you at KBFFI and hope Dave will be there to guide me to put up my tent. I still can't figure it out. See you soon,
B

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Piper Archer, Aviomania G1sb
Total Flight Time
Not sure over 10,000+ logged FW, 260+ ultralights, sailplane, hang-gliders
Wanted, looking for wife.

Must have gyro, Covette, and large cabin class sailboat!

Please send pictures,

of the gyro, Covette and boat!!

dabkb2

Dave Bacon
Aircraft
2 KB2 90Mac KB3 582
Total Flight Time
289 hours
Wanted, looking for wife.

Must have gyro, Covette, and large cabin class sailboat!

Please send pictures,

of the gyro, Covette and boat!!
You want to see the goods but not the woman lol, you are leaving out the cherokee, motorcycles and jeep. Tina has more toys than I do. But no boat please.

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
You want to see the goods but not the woman lol, you are leaving out the cherokee, motorcycles and jeep. Tina has more toys than I do. But no boat please.
Just kidding, I got my own toys.

But if they had the toys, you know they like to play!!!

Oh, and if the toys are expensive, I at least would then know she not in love with just my money? Well if they are paid off, maybe?

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
PS. All my toys are paid for :p But I do ware rags for cloths and spend all my money on my toys and gas :lol:
I knew when we met you were a brilliant women! I hate to shop, if it were not for my daughters and their birthday and holiday gifts I would probably be naked, today.
For 25 years with three daughters and a wife who hobby was shopping, I really hate it when it's just for me.

PS: My son buys me toys!!

Tina

Total Flight Time
400+ FW 100+ GYRO
I knew when we met you were a brilliant women! I hate to shop, if it were not for my daughters and their birthday and holiday gifts I would probably be naked, today.
For 25 years with three daughters and a wife who hobby was shopping, I really hate it when it's just for me.

PS: My son buys me toys!!
Just remember guys if most women like to shop that is OK because that is the little thing they do for themselves and they deserve that! Most women out there are living for their kids and for you! So no complaints from you any more about their shopping again!

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Tina do you have an unmarried sister?:boink:

Tina

Total Flight Time
400+ FW 100+ GYRO
Tina do you have an unmarried sister?:boink:
John that is funny you say that, because my sister is married with kids and wouldn't even come out to see me fly my gyro at the air port only 10 minutes from her house. I asked her many times but she showed no interest till the History Channel came out then she some how found the time to come watch me fly but really was only interested in seeing the process of them filming me.

It was the first time she seen me fly the gyro and I asked her later, so what did you think? She said "it looked dangerous!" :lol:

I think she is one of those women that finds satisfaction in life with shopping and taking care of others, which is OK too.

birdy

Aircraft
open frame single seat & a 'wasa' RAF, among other types.
Total Flight Time
7000 odd, bout 5000 gyro
She said "it looked dangerous!"
It is.
So itd be best if you let me drive the gyro and fly the Vett. ;)

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
She said "it looked dangerous!"
It is.
So itd be best if you let me drive the gyro and fly the Vett. ;)
Thanks Tina, I do remember the story of your sister now, I was just playing!!!

@Bidry
I really like your attitude!!!!!!

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
Tina: Thats going to be so cool seeing you on the show. I am glad its not during Mentone. Way to go....thats quite an accomplishment. Way to represent gyros and your gender!

Stan

gyroplanes

FAA DAR Gyropilot
Aircraft
(2) Air Commands, (1) Barnett, (1) Parsons modified 2 place, (1) Beechcraft Sundowner
Total Flight Time
Shirley Meyer used to fly her dad's Bensen regularly
I believe Steph Gremminger soloed their Magni?
There is a female Magni owner in the St Louis area
Linda Wunderlich soloed Dick's Bensen
The first recipient of the PRA's Gyro CFI Scholarship, Pat Thomas. Pat was a gyro CFI
The late Charlie Mara had several female students (including Britta)

Russ Hobbs

Aircraft
Dominator Ultra white
Total Flight Time
30 Dual time
This hardly counts, but Sue (definitely the better half) jumped in with my instructor and flew for about an hour, said she liked it. Might have to build a 2 place Dominator now.

fiveboy

I FLY THE JUNGLE JET!
Aircraft
AC Tandem Elite F30
Total Flight Time
Almost 200 hours
Chris Burgess has a female student who has soloed named Lika who lives in Darfur (shes a NGO worker). She and her husband have a single place AC.

Fiveboy

SteveD

Aircraft
Sportcopter Lightning
Tina,
Congrats on the History Channel shoot! I put the date into my calendar.
A question for you.. I have the Sportcopter Lightning with the 503 and wanted to know if you had a 503 and switched to the bigger Rotax. If you did, can you tell me the differences you found, (besides more power).
Thanx, Steve

animal

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Hillman Hornet N8063D
Hi Steve welcome to the Forum. post some pics of your sport copter sometime.

hope to see ya at Mentone if you make it.

just look for the guy toteing around a laptop all day and busy takeing lots of pics.