Flying helmets

Rasool

Aircraft
Magni M-22
Total Flight Time
220 fixed wing, 210 gyro
Is it safe, possible, advisable to try to and add padding to an XL helmet to make it fit my “medium” head? I suspect I know the answer. Not trying to save a few bucks, I just like the graphics on the helmet which came with the Magni M-22 I bought, as they match the graphics on my gyro.

Thanks,

Russ

Vance

Gyroplane CFI
Aircraft
Givens Predator
Total Flight Time
2400+ in rotorcraft
Is it safe, possible, advisable to try to and add padding to an XL helmet to make it fit my “medium” head? I suspect I know the answer. Not trying to save a few bucks, I just like the graphics on the helmet which came with the Magni M-22 I bought, as they match the graphics on my gyro.

Thanks,

Russ
It depends on the helmet.

Many helmets use the same shell and just change the insides.

Call the manufacture and see if they have different sized liners the they will sell you.

I would not make my own padding because it may impact the effectiveness of the helmet.

GyrOZprey

Aussie in Kansas.
Aircraft
Butterfly Aurora N5560Z / Titanium Explorer N456TE & N488TE/ - trained in MTOsport 446QT/488FB
Total Flight Time
I prefer to have my Flycom helmet ...that gets lots of time on MY head to be the correct fit ...I am very insistent that only I get to to use that helmet ...as our first set of helmets got to be used on multiple heads & the smaller one ... "grew" & stretched ...so it was not so snug & well fitting! I have my helmet & then a passenger helmet (size L) with extra liner pads to make it a better fit for M sized heads ( small ladies & youth) ...this works well for Flycoms!