Flying Flying And Some More Flying

Lone Wolf

Aircraft
Hughes 500C
Total Flight Time
Hello Saraf

By gee boy, you better be careful about backing those Boks at the moment, I know they beat the All Blacks (or rather were allowed to win) in one game this year but they will have to lift their game to get another fluke like that any time soon!!

Ka Mate! Ka mate!

Cheers, Gordon Gibson.

SARAF

Aircraft
microlight / RAF 2000
Total Flight Time
Gyros 2500/Microlights 550/CFI TIME 1500+
hi

hi

:yo:

We have given up hope, they play like school boy's at the moment.

Greg Mitchell

Aircraft
Butterfly Monarch 582
Total Flight Time
200 hrs
Krack Mea, Krack mea, Beer!
If the Wallabies get their game on, No Ka Mate, goona do you fella's no good at all. All Blacks and SpringBoks alike will be pounded into salt.
Hail Rugby Union the game of Gentlemen!
Fly Safe,
Mitch.

Ps, Aussie Vs Poms in Rugby League Game 1930 hrs Eastern Std Time, Sat 25th, Nov.

GyroRon

Former Gyro know it all
Aircraft
Dominator gyro, Titan Tornado plane
Total Flight Time
1300+
SARAF, those Magnis, and simular copy cat gyros.... to me they seem to have high thrustlines too. Funny thing is those gyros are not bunting out of the sky. If they are not bunting out of the sky, then there is nothing needed to fix on them. ALL of them have absolutely huge horizontal stabs.....

Our license standards in the states does not allow a person with a airplane license to just hop in a RAF and fly it without training - not with a passenger. But yes our laws are lax somewhat and yes a person with a airplane license can just jump in without training and fly a single place gyro or a two place if only flown solo.......... Thing is, not many people do this these days. Almost all of the people who have crashed and gotten killed in the RAF 2000 WERE TRAINED by RAF factory endorsed Flight instructors, and in almost every case, these people were signed off by their instructors. Our license standards require 40 hours of training to earn your license... 40 hours should be plenty of time to learn how to fly the machine.

Heron

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Golden Butterfly
Total Flight Time
7.5 h.
There is a snake called Urutu Cruzeiro (cross in the head) down here! Nasty animal!
This Lady in Florida decided to import 3 of the most venomous species and got one Urutu from Brazil.
One day, cleaning their cages, she was distracted by something . . .the doctors where amazed she could drive to the hospital after the Urutu did its thing!
It will strike and if it has fangs you are going to die, unless medical help is present and ready.
Heron

Harry_S.

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
RAF2000
Total Flight Time
2000+ hrs.
AMAZING...

Eben posted 6 photos and there were 3 replies ref. his pics.

There followed 62 posts primarily about the RAF. I believe if it were not for the RAF, Todd's Forum would make for some dull reading.:D :D

Again...Nice photo's Eben.

Cheers :)

Heron

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Golden Butterfly
Total Flight Time
7.5 h.
Harry
We are entitled to some fun, uh? :D
I wish we could solve this RAF thing and go on . . .
Heron

gyroplanes

FAA DAR Gyropilot
Aircraft
(2) Air Commands, (1) Barnett, (1) Parsons modified 2 place, (1) Beechcraft Sundowner
Total Flight Time
Hrs : accident ratio?

Hrs : accident ratio?

In stock form, stability figures look damn scary on this machine. The track record (hrs flown/fatal incident) is excessive.
I'm not defending the RAF's stability, I'd just like to know where you came up with the ratio?

Dean_Dolph

Aircraft
None but enough kits in the garage to keep me busy the rest of my life!
Total Flight Time
Zilch!
..... I think he is just upset at the negative flack being tossed at RAF's and of course he owns one.
Actually, Ron, he doesn't own a RAF! He owns a THOM experimental gyroplane.

Once he, or anyone else, modifies their machine from a stock RAF it is no longer a RAF, period. That is why it is so strange to see owners of modified RAFs defend the poor design. They recognized the deficiencies and have made an attempt to correct what the RAF factory won't.

It is also strange to see them refuse to accept what they call 'engineering crap' when it isn't C. Beaty, Raghu, Doug R., Greg G., Udi, Al Hammer, or any of the other knowledgeable people, that established the safe parameters of gyro design. They are just knowledgeable messengers.

It wasn't Cierva or other early gyroplane pioneers either. However, there was some genius there in identifying the paramaters as they applied to the gyroplane. Those parameters are the product of nature and explained to us by people like Newton. That isn't 'engineering crap' that is natural physics and there is no debating the rules. But then may be the RAF defenders want to start telling us that Newton and other physicists are wrong. But, good grief, I hope not!