Flycomm vs Micro Avionics

Joe Pires

star hoarder
Aircraft
Aviomania GS2.
Total Flight Time
600 ish solo gyro and 190 ish two place
I would like to replace the Facesheild with the neoprene neck piece. Flycom has instituted a minimum order so they wont sell me just one. I looked at Microavionics and see that their face plate looks the same EXCEPT, the Flycom helmet has snaps, and the Micro has screws. It looks like I should be able to buy hardware to convert the screws on the visor to snaps. But I did not want to go through the process if someone already knows if it works.

talk to the folks at microavionics. They are exceptionally helpful and will guide you well even if it is not to their benefit.

I would consider drilling out the original mountings and installing the mountings for a microavionics unit.

I ended up purchasing the Jetflip, which is the visor used by Flycom. I already had the neoprene baffle, so i attached the old baffle to the new visor. I think I saved about a hundred dollars doing it that way. Check out the Visorshop.com.

Big feature of both is that the companies have been sold from the original owners and so the level of competence / service may have changed.