Flycom helmet sizing

Spank

I've been debating on ordering some flycom helmets due to the wind noise once you get above about 65 mph. The Lynx system is just not able to keep the wind out after that speed and all I can hear is background noise. Looking at their sizing charts, they are in cm around your noggin. They say they can ship some extra foam to customer fit them but my question to you guys that have them is, did you find them running on the smaller size or just about right once you measured your head and ordered? I tried on one recently that was used and it was a large which should fit me but it was so tight I couldn't get it all the way on. I want to order a 2nd one for the wife and guests but again I'm not sure if I should order larger than what their charts say or not. Any guidance would be appreciated.

You can email Flycom and they can make a recommendation. My measurements fall in the medium range, and tried friends large. The medium seems the better fit for me.

I wear a 7 1/4" hat band, and a Large Flycom fits fine.

I found the sides fit well on a large, but it sat lower on my head than I like so I put some rags under the foam on top and life is good.

Hmmm!
I think Joe just said I have a Big Head?

I received my Flycom setup this evening and unfortunately the sizing they mention is not even close to my odd shaped head. I have the correct measurement by their chart but my head is a full 2 inches wider than the interior of their headset making just getting them on very difficult There is no way I can fly with this setup. I've called them several times before placing my order, giving them dimensions, and trying my best to avoid a sizing issue. They assured me that they have never taken one back for incorrect sizing and that I should go with the medium. Nevertheless the ones I just received simply is way too tight.

I'm sending them back under an RMA but I thought I'd offer them up to anyone here over the weekend in case someone is considering buying one and doesn't want to wait. Let me know right away, otherwise their going back.

Last edited:
The hat-size method of measurement completely ignores the shapes of heads, which can vary considerably. I've known for years I had a head shape that didn't fit a lot of helmets. That's why I went to a motorcycle shop and tried a few on.

Obviously, with Flycom, that's not an option.

Spank;n1130685 said:
I received my Flycom setup this evening and unfortunately the sizing they mention is not even close to my odd shaped head. I have the correct measurement by their chart but my head is a full 2 inches wider than the interior of their headset making just getting them on very difficult There is no way I can fly with this setup. I've called them several times before placing my order, giving them dimensions, and trying my best to avoid a sizing issue. They assured me that they have never taken one back for incorrect sizing and that I should go with the medium. Nevertheless the ones I just received simply is way too tight.

I'm sending them back under an RMA but I thought I'd offer them up to anyone here over the weekend in case someone is considering buying one and doesn't want to wait. Let me know right away, otherwise their going back.

Don't send them back. Just ask them to exchange the liner. Easy and quick 5 minute change. All the fiberglass shells are the same. Simply the inner liner is different and its simply velcro to the inside. Check it out. It comes out in a minute. Also, the liner will take a set to your size and shape in a few hours and will open up. Ask for an XL liner and stick with wearing it for 5 hours and you will see

What Fara said seems correct. When I got my new helmets last year, The first time I put it on, it was a struggle to get it on, and it was tight. Now, a year later, it pops right on and is very comfortable.