Flyable or not?

Screw

Lubricating & Stimulating
Aircraft
Dominator 2 place/Cessnas & Pipers
Total Flight Time
300+
Screw-In

I hate to put anyone on the spot here, but I noticed some blade damage. Although I didn't a blade strike, I think this might have happened during transport home. I placed one blade in the blade box flat side down, and the other on top flat side up with bubble in between.

Take a look at the tips. I need to know if this one blade is flyable.

Thanks,

Screw-Out

Attachments

• badblade1.JPG
    badblade1.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 1
  • badblade2.jpg
    badblade2.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 1
Screw-In

Here is a shot of the good tip for refferance.

Screw-Out

Attachments

• goodblade.jpg
    goodblade.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 1
John,

I would e-mail the pictures to Ernie. I'm afraid I know the answer though. :(

Most likely happened during transport in your blade box. Had a set do the same thing to me on the way to Mentone. Was only one blade just like yours. Ernie was able to fix them on the spot. Just give him a call and he can tell you exactly how to do it. Worst case you have to send the blade back to Ernie for repair, but not likely. It's a pretty simple fix.

Rusty

Screw-In

Miiiiiiiiiiiiiike Boyette! If your out there, can you show your Dad these shots and tell me what to do? Where to send? Or how to fix?

BTW- Just got back from Home Depot....I'm making a blade box for each blade.

Screw-Out

Screw-In

Does anyone have Ernie Boyette's contact information? I've sent him a private message through this forum, but I don't know how often he participates. I think I'll send him both blades and have him inspect and repair whatever is needed.

Screw-Out

Last edited:
Rotor Flight Dynamics, Inc.
19242 Grange Hall Loop
Wimauma, Florida 33598

Voice (813) 634-3370
FAX (813) 634-3370

John,
Sorry I've been off the computer for a couple of days. Rusty is right. Dad is the only one I would trust to male that call.

Screw-In

Thanks Mike,

I just got off the phone with your Dad. I think I can fix it.

Thanks all,

Screw-Out

Mike I was thinking of sending you a private message... But I didn't send one yet. Hey it is still early enough to run up to McDonalds and grab a McGiddle!!! Yeah! :)

Yes, Yes ,Yes I did get your messages I just haven't had much time to respond. Ron I am staying away from th McGriddles (AKA McD's version of crack) in an effort to shed enough weight that I can fly my gyro again. Hopefully enough by next Bensen Day's.