Fly with Us

Way to go Mark. You are such a good promoter for gyros. Loved your video.

Stan

Hey Mark, Thank you very much ! That has put a smile on my face that will last all day !

You have a very beautiful grandaughter. Was she in control of the ship ? I hope that was her landing & not you ! It seemed a little rough.

How are you likeing the Sport Rotors ?

Who has the tandem next to your machine ?

I really would like to show friends & relatives how to fly a gyro................I know they would love it !

Thanks again & have a great day !

Mark,

Fun video - your granddaughter is beautiful and her smile and enthusiasm infectious.

Thanks for posting that.

Rob

Why is Megan laughing ?

Why is Megan laughing ?

Mark,

Fun video - your granddaughter is beautiful and her smile and enthusiasm infectious.

Thanks for posting that.

Rob

Thanks Rob

You may have noticed at the beginning of the video, Megan is having trouble keeping a straight face. I could tell you that Megan is just a funny girl, she is the one her HS cheerleader friends look to for her upbeat attitude. Megan and I always have fun together and just enjoy doing things together. Yeah that's the one I should go with, that sounds plausible.

But No, What she is really laughing at is her Grandfather.

After the "you are going to be the pilot talk", and a very serious pre flight, I started the camera. I noticed the shot needed to be wider, and since this was no fancy camera, just my cell phone, I started backing up to widen the shot as she was talking when BANG, I hit my head on the wing of my 210 behind me.

Apparently the look on my face was funny as Megan shows.
As the guy who used to make television commercials, I just kept going as Megan snickered, then the distraction caused her to loose her place and she forgot where we talked about going to fly, she just knew it was north, or "..that way.."

The flight was a lot of fun and Megan is a quick study, after less than 5 minutes (no kidding) of instruction, she was flying the Xenon unassisted in smooth air and holding altitude.

Not bad for her first lesson.

M

Last edited:
Hey Mark, Thank you very much ! That has put a smile on my face that will last all day !

You have a very beautiful grandaughter. Was she in control of the ship ? I hope that was her landing & not you ! It seemed a little rough.

How are you likeing the Sport Rotors ?

Who has the tandem next to your machine ?

I really would like to show friends & relatives how to fly a gyro................I know they would love it !

Thanks again & have a great day !

Chris.

Yes, Megan was in total control of the ship (and my heart as she always is).

No, I did the short roll landing. (The cell phone camera is no steady cam.) It wasn't as bad as it looked . The sport rotors go to Lindsay Fischer's Honeybee G2. (the yellow tandem) ... I have the longer 8.8 meter Aircopter blades.

M

Mark- Absolutely beautiful flight. I recognize Pikes Peak and Garden of the Gods. Best vacation our family ever took. Went to Cripple Creek to Molly Katherines gold mine, then went on to the Royal George.

Loved the view from Pikes Peak looking down on Colorado Springs.

I probably would be seeing how high up Pikes Peak my Helicycle would climb. One has flown to 12,300 feet, so it wouldn't make it to 14,110....or whatever height Pikes Peak is.

Thanks for sharing and that granddaughter is a sweet.

Stan

Stan

Thank You, you are right, she is a sweetie. But then I am her grandpa and I guess I'm a little prejudiced.

As far as this fall flight several years ago I think this is 1 of the better videos I ever made. Editing wise, the software is terrible there are many jumps, but even with many flaws I think it conveys the beauty and the fun we had that day. I still enjoy watching it too.

M

PS. Good memory Stan. Yes. Pikes Peak is 14 ,110 feet.

Last edited:
Mark, I'm sorry , I thought you were the guy that switched rotorheads & blades (to SR ).

It's easy to see the stick shake going on there.

I guess there aren't many of those G2's around ? Have you been up in it ?

8.8 meter blades........what is that in feet ?

Mark, I'm sorry , I thought you were the guy that switched rotorheads & blades (to SR ).

Chris,

I have the same Aircopter blades on my Xenon though I think mine are 8.6 Meter. I have almost no stick shake. I was flying my Xenon yesterday and took just a few seconds of go pro footage with my hand off the stick- I have not looked at it yet but will try to post it later.

I an fly hands off for maybe 30 seconds but then my gyro starts banking right cause I am in the right seat. Even hands on the gyro is not level but is always leaning a bit to the right. But very little stick shake.

Rob

Chris,

This is my Xenon at about 9,000' MSL in Colorado. You can see not much stick shake. Just a short clip I shot yesterday. After I landed I noticed some junk on my blades which I will clean before the next flight and it will be even smoother then. I have not been cleaning them much lately as no bugs this time of year.

http://youtu.be/Zar66Or8DjQ

Rob

28 feet 10 inches.

I have slung the blades in the past and had very little stick shake. The last time I had to take the blades off and put them back on I ended up with more stick shake than I like. Just haven't gotten around to doing it again as the blades are coming off again soon anyway. It's not all that noticeable when you fly but in the video I see exactly what you're talking about. I'll let you know how it works out after we make some adjustments.

Mark

nice collection man! really one of the best pictures all............please try to add some helicopter pictures also..