Fly with Us

That last video was one of your best,
Now people are going to think you are crazy.
Thanks for the video, makes me feel like I was there... oh wait....I was.
Todd aka Racer

Now people are going to think you are crazy.
Thanks for the video, makes me feel like I was there... oh wait....I was.
Todd aka Racer

Todd

What do you mean ...going to think..?

You mean they don't already? I fly a gyro, remember.

DSC01141.jpg

Todd

Thanks for breakfast and good company.

You said the other day that I add history and points of interest to these posts. I don't want to add too much . Let me give you an example of what I leave out.

See this picture of the gyro on the ramp in Pueblo. Notice the beacon in the background at the Air Museum? http://www.pwam.org/

Did you know that Pueblo trained thousands of B-24 pilots and crews in WWII.

Did you know that the Weisbrod B 24 Air Museum has an extensive photo and model display of the way the Pueblo Army Air Force base looked in the early 1940's?

Did you know the Museum has many planes, but NO B-24? (They do have a great looking restored B-29, a B-25 Mitchell, and a cool F-101 voodoo from the Vietnam era.)

No B-24 because they were all cut up for scrap after the war and they can't find one to buy or restore.

So some day we will visit the B24 Museum with No B-24.

Till then..... see ya.

Mark

PS:

You took the pictures, I just put them together.

M

Last edited:

Todd spots a speeder. We put our shadow on him and he slows down, just in time to avoid the Colorado State Patrol... Our good deed for the day.

A friend of mine noted that when we fly rotorcraft near the highway people tend to think we are 'the heat' and slow down.

Reincarnation

Reincarnation

If there is such a thing as "Reincarnation" ... I want to come back as Mark's kid.:)

Fantastic Flying

Fantastic Flying

Mark, In your last flying video you've shown just how you have polished up your piloting skills for the feel of your Xenon. Reminds of flying with R44/Xenon Tom in his Helo......Dick

Mark, In your last flying video you've shown just how you have polished up your piloting skills for the feel of your Xenon. Reminds of flying with R44/Xenon Tom in his Helo......Dick

Dick

Knowing how Tom operates that beautiful craft, I take that as a high compliment.

I found 2 articles in back issues of ROTORCRAFT magazine about Bill Clem, and posted a link on the chapter website. www.PRA38.org

Mark

LOGBOOK Dec 15th 2010

LOGBOOK Dec 15th 2010

LOGBOOK Monday, December 15th, 2010

It was the best at times... It was the worst at times.

Todd and I fly to breakfast, and encounter a little surprise on final to Pueblo on Runway 8 Left, a wind shift from 3 knots off our nose to a 20+ knot crosswind .

5 miles out, Pueblo tower reported 3 knots out of the east , basically right down runway 8.

I checked weather before departure. There is an Airmet for moderate turbulence above FL 180 (18,000 ft.), but all the reports below 180 are smooth. Light surface winds are forecast until 11 am, with a wind shift and wind increasing out of the west forecast for after 11am.

WRONG. The wind and storm front arrived a little early.

That grey thing down the middle of the screen in the video on final to Pueblo, is the right door pillar.

We were weather vaned over 45 degrees left to maintain runway centerline track in our steep decent.

I considered a go around and request for Runway 26, but after evaluating the decent and velocity, I decided to go ahead and land.

The wind blew us a little past my intended turnoff, but no big deal in the Xenon. We only had another 5000 feet of Runway left.

I expected it to be a little windy on the return flight, I just wasn't expecting it so early.

YouTube - 12-15-2010.wmv

As we were departing, we requested Runway 35. Taking 35 at the 26/08 intersection, we basically took off into a

20 knot sustained wind in about the width of the runway (150 ft) then are hit with a 30 knot gust pushing us a little to the right.

With a little correction , we are climbing out sideways and not moving very fast over the ground in the climb.

I told Todd I would alot rather be in the Xenon in that wind than my old Cessna 150/150 Aerobat, or a Citabria.

The Xenon flew home steady as a rock. (with a little rock and roll thrown in a few times.)

DSC01116.jpg

10 miles south of Meadow Lake, the consolidated Space operations center at Shreiver AFB (AKA Restricted Area 2602)

DSC01122.jpg

DSC01124.jpg

DSC01125.jpg

Fountain Creek, the Denver and Rio Grand Railroad tracks, I-25, PPIR Raceway, and the Sangre De Christo mountain range in the background.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DSC01126.jpg

DSC01127.jpg

DSC01128.jpg

DSC01129.jpg

DSC01130.jpg

Todd spots a speeder.

DSC01131.jpg

Last edited:
DSC01137.jpg

DSC01141.jpg

DSC01144.jpg

DSC01150.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------

The Curtis ONE arrival.

An unofficial back door to Meadow Lake airport from the south.

Just follow Curtis road - If you stay below 7500 MSL (1100 agl) and a half a mile left or right of Curtis road, you remain clear

of the Colorado Springs Class C airspace above you and to the west down to the surface, as well as Restricted Area 2602, 3 quarters of a mile to your east.

DSC01155.jpg

DSC01153.jpg

Dragon mans shooting range and gun shop where you can buy and shoot everything from paint ball guns,

to m-16s, to 50 caliber machine guns... No kidding. (All legal in Colorado.)

DSC01154.jpg

Last edited:
I like the big Pics, looks like you guys have lots of fun flying around...

I would like to know how do people get the big pics uploaded here to see?? I can load pics but they dont size this type of view.. am I missing something? thanks Billy

BTW ... with those closeups of Racer, I can see remnants of what you guys ate for breakfast in his beard!

I like the big Pics, looks like you guys have lots of fun flying around...

I would like to know how do people get the big pics uploaded here to see?? I can load pics but they don't size this type of view.. am I missing something? thanks Billy

Billy

Sorry, I don't really know for sure. When i bought this new Sony Handicam, the pictures it takes that I upload all come out this size. With my old camera, they were smaller.

Maybe someone more technical can tell us why.

Mark

BTW ... with those closeups of Racer, I can see remnants of what you guys ate for breakfast in his beard!

Naw

That's his grey beard.

Photos taken with my Sony handicam -HD do post really large on this forum.

Mark

LOGBOOK Test Flight ---December 24, 2010

For several months, I have been waiting for my Cessna 210 to come out of the engine shop. I had a zero time Overhauled IO470 with a new 3 blade prop installed.

It's finally done, and Todd and I want to test fly it.

Well (No photo's) it flew great, climbed from the surface to over 10K feet at 1000+ FPM.

It fact it was better than new, right up until the engine quit.

Fortunately it was as we were rolling off the runway at my home airport after an hour flight. No re start. It had to be towed back to the maintenance shop.

Oh well, we will just have to do it again next week.

Happy New Year from Todd and Mark

YouTube - 210 test flight.wmv

Last edited:
Merry Christmas to you and your family as well Mark. Your a great friend am I am blessed to know you. 2011 will be filled with much more adventure I am sure.
Todd

And to you Mark and your family too!!!!
Merry Christmas!

N210EA_20050.jpg

BEFORE - With the old 2 blade prop. ^ ^ ^ ^

--------------------------------------------------

AFTER - with new 3 blade prop. v v v v v

DSC01161.jpg

Last edited:
LOGBOOK Flight - Jan, 24, 2014

It has been 3 years since a new video was posted to this thread.

So here is a brand new one shot with my cell phone camera.

My 15 year old granddaughter Megan is spending the weekend, and I offered to not just take her flying this time, but to show here how to fly the Xenon.

For FULL SCREEN - click the 1-24-2014 in the blue box above the video and then the full screen icon in the lower right hand corner of the video.

1-24-2014 - YouTube

Last edited: