Fly with Us

Mark- Thanks for your continous stream of pictures . Way to be another year round flyer.

Stan

Thanks for the recognition as a year round flyer.

I would take great credit for my superior skills, and great bravery, except the not so secret secret is ........ an enclosed cabin and DOORs.

Mark

Mark- I have two half doors for summer flying....keeps the wind out of the cockpit and it feels nice. When it is cool during the fall and spring...I put the right side full door on......and now during December, January and Febuary...I will fly totally enclosed with my left full door on as well.

People dont realize how much more performance gyroplanes and helicopters have in low density altitude air that below 20 degree air gives to the rotors.

Stan

Stan

Thanks for the recognition as a year round flyer.

I would take great credit for my superior skills, and great bravery, except the not so secret secret is ........ an enclosed cabin and DOORs.

Mark

I also fly year round but I think it's only because of my superior skills and great bravery. It's got nothing to do with the enclosed cabin, cabin heater or electric seat heat.

I also fly year round but I think it's only because of my superior skills and great bravery. It's got nothing to do with the enclosed cabin, cabin heater or electric seat heat.

Electric seat heat... You bum..

What kind is it, how does it work, and where do I get one?

Mark

Cabin's with heaters are very nice if you live in the cold or fly at higher altitudes.

I can see how in parts of the world it is the only way to fly...

At any rate you are have way to much fun. Way to go!!

Electric seat heat... You bum..

What kind is it, how does it work, and where do I get one?

Mark

Heated seats is one of the factory options on the Xenon. Don't know if you can retrofit yours or not.

LOGBOOK Monday, December 2nd, 2010

Today we visit one Victor 6, (1V6) Canon City Colorado.

YouTube - Dec 2 2010 pt1.wmv

DSC00970.jpg

DSC00969.jpg

Departing Meadow Lake, we fly under the outer ring of the Colorado Springs Class C. Flying an arc, we head toward Fountain Colorado.

DSC00976.jpg

We intersect I25 and follow it south past PPIR (Pike Peak International Raceway)

Restricted area 2601, the Live fire ranges at Fort Carson are west of us as we head south.

DSC00981.jpg

We reach the Arkansas River and turn West toward Canon City.

DSC01002.jpg

5 mile final for 1V6 over the Cement plant.

DSC01005.jpg

On the Ramp at the Café.

DSC01010.jpg

While waiting for the Barmstormers Cafe to re open, we are visited by 3 Black Hawk Helicopters doing High Altitude training.

YouTube - Blackhawks Down, and back up again

DSC01014.jpg

A Corsair made out of car chrome bumpers.

DSC01018.jpg

DSC01021.jpg

On the way home, we fly right against the Rocky Mountains in the VFR corridor bordering the Class Delta at Butts Army Airfield and Restricted Area 2601.

YouTube - Dec 2, 2010 pt2.wmv

Last edited:
ON THE WAY HOME.

DSC01009.jpg

DSC01029.jpg

Todd was a little concerned when these C130's were climbing and diving all around us.

Just typical troop support missions for the Down range area. But their flight path does cross the corridor.

DSC01028.jpg

DSC01031.jpg

DSC01030.jpg

It must be nice to have your own private Golf course.

DSC01036.jpg

I had to climb above 8,000 MSL to clear this little hill...

Ammo Dump, and Butts Army Airfield.

DSC01041.jpg

DSC01045.jpg

Cheyenne Mountain on our Left, Fort Carson and the Class Delta on our right as we fly in the VFR corridor.

DSC01049.jpg

MORE PHOTOS
http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/mm94/ms80831/FLYING%20%2012-05-2010/

Last edited:
Mark I really enjoy your posts and seeing different parts of the country/world thank you for sharing the fun with us.

Cannot wait to come fly along side of you!

Mark I really enjoy your posts and seeing different parts of the country/world thank you for sharing the fun with us.

Cannot wait to come fly along side of you!

John

Always good to have you. I enjoy reading others who do the same.

We never know when we make these if anyone will watch them, but we have a handful of people that like them, so we take the camera along.

Cause we are going anyway..... :)

Mark

Mark,

I watch every video and look at every picture. Thanks for sharing!

Mark,

I watch every video and look at every picture. Thanks for sharing!

David

Last year when I was traveling to Florida to pick up my Xenon, I watched your video's of your river run, and flying over Ft. Pierce Beach.

Thank You for posting those and giving me something to visulaize as I thought of new adventures yet to come...

Mark.

DSC01043.jpg

It doesn't look like it from the picture, but the top of this hill is over 9500 feet high. We climbed to over 8000 msl to get over the ridge. The city of Colorado Springs below is between 6000 and 6500 msl on average.

This is a GREAT thread. Thank you!

Mark- I love your photos.....and they relive my families best vacation we ever had when we went to Colorado Springs. If I moved out there I would be setting the chopper down on all over the place.

Stan

This is a GREAT thread. Thank you!

Hi Tim

Thank You. It is fun to do. I hope it is enjoyable to read. We try to share the experience.

Just two busy guys that take time each week to go flying for no particular reason, except we can.

What a great sport this is. Beats collecting stamps don't ya think !

Mark

Hi Tim

Thank You. It is fun to do. I hope it is enjoyable to read. We try to share the experience.

Just two busy guys that take time each week to go flying for no particular reason, except we can.

What a great sport this is. Beats collecting stamps don't ya think !

Mark

By a long shot!!

I hope to fly out there someday, but until then your online adventures are a great second place!

Mark- I love your photos.....and they relive my families best vacation we ever had when we went to Colorado Springs. If I moved out there I would be setting the chopper down on all over the place.

Stan

Stan

Thank You. It's amazing what modern cameras have opened up. Just taking one along on a flight that only I would have experienced in the past, now lets several hundred people share the ride...

I love your chopper adventures too.

Just don't go doing another flame out just to make it more interesting.......

:)

LOGBOOK Monday, December 8th, 2010

YouTube - 12-08-2010.wmv

We depart Meadow Lake heading south west across the southern edge of the Colorado Springs Class C airspace (under the outer ring).

Once the Ray Nixon Power Plant is in sight, we aim for the south side of it, to remain clear of Ft Carson's - Butt's Army Airfield, Class Delta airspace.

DSC01070.jpg

Just west of I-25 near the Pueblo county line is the Ranch house and main property for the
famous T- Cross Ranch. At one time, T-Cross property was scattered all over El Paso and Pueblo County.

(The southern portion of Meadow Lake Airport property was once owned by Bob Norris and the T-Cross Ranch.)

DSC01079.jpg

DSC01084.jpg

USC stadium (Pueblo's university of Southern Colorado, now called CSU - Pueblo) is about 4 miles west of the Pueblo airport on the final approach for 8 Right.

DSC01087.jpg

As we land in Pueblo, and again when we are ready to depart, we notice the line of USAF Diamond Katana's (Call sign - "Tiger's") waiting for departure.

Between 6 and 10 depart in less than 10 minutes time.

Pueblo airport is a mini USAF training base run by Doss aviation.

The "Tigers" use not only the 3 runways at Pueblo, but several outlying airports too.

They can have as many as 25 aircraft in the air at one time.

DSC01088.jpg

DSC01089.jpg

Upon departing Pueblo to the North West, on the way to I-25, we see Beacon Hill Speedway lying next to the interstate.

DSC01092.jpg

You will notice a hill, with the top flattened. It is here that the "beacon" once stood.

Back in the days before GPS, Before VOR, Before the omni range, airmail pilots needed a way to find their way after dark.

A series of revolving light beacons was installed from Albuquerque to Denver.

These powerful beacons could be seen for 50 miles at night.

One of them stood on Beacon Hill, just north of Pueblo.

DSC01093.jpg

pol13g1.jpg
DSC01094.jpg

Last edited:

On the way home..

Pinion Truck Stop is just west of I-25 just a little North of Beacon Hill Speedway.

DSC01095.jpg

The new Colorado C/DOT Rest Stop

DSC01096.jpg

Todd spots a speeder. We put our shadow on him and he slows down, just in time to avoid the Colorado State Patrol... Our good deed for the day.

DSC01100.jpg

DSC01098.jpg

DSC01099.jpg

DSC01067.jpg

DSC01091.jpg

DSC01074.jpg

DSC01075.jpg

END OF THIS FLIGHT

------------------

Last edited: