Fly-in at Joplin, Mo Fox 14 showed up

Certainly a boost to our sport.

I flew in with the Helicycle Saturday and stayed for a couple hours. The wind was too high for the powered parachutes but Craig was flying the whole time, giving rides and putting on a good show.

Mike

Attachments

• DSCF5184.jpg
    DSCF5184.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF5178.jpg
    DSCF5178.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF5173.jpg
    DSCF5173.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 0
We had one migrate over from this local chapter (I think his name is BobbyM), but we also had one of our go over to them.
Don't know what happened this year but the PPC guys weren't at the Gatorfest this year.

This would have been a bit of an embarassing situation at a significant PPC fly-in. To bad there weren't a couple of "basic" gyros there.

Tony

Cool .... I notice the FOX news reporter pronounced it ... "Guy"rocopter like I do .... I was in the Joplin area last fall .... hope to bump into some of you guys next time .... would also like to visit Chris and Jim in KS

Arnie, I was going to tease you and the reporter for saying "guy-row-copter, however when my Mom & Dad were alive, they both use to say "hee-lee-coptor." I knew an old gentleman that would say "moto-sickle" and come to think of it while I type this, he use to say "hee-lee-coptor" too.

The positive news coverage is a plus for all!

Way to go guys!

Wayne

Great lookin turn out, wish I had the money to just go from fly-in to fly-in....my gryo dream came true....so who know....

Please DO!

Please DO!

Cool .... I notice the FOX news reporter pronounced it ... "Guy"rocopter like I do .... I was in the Joplin area last fall .... hope to bump into some of you guys next time .... would also like to visit Chris and Jim in KS
.....you better come see us if you are THAT close!:)

You will be very welcome to stop by anytime ... we have plenty of space now the family are grown & out, we love visitors! :welcome: Toevs-farm B&B welcomes any travelling forum members & eventually hope to have a bit of a grass strip for any fly-bys too!

.....you better come see us if you are THAT close!:)

You will be very welcome to stop by anytime ... we have plenty of space now the family are grown & out, we love visitors! :welcome: Toevs-farm B&B welcomes any travelling forum members & eventually hope to have a bit of a grass strip for any fly-bys too!

Thanks Chris .... I also want to drive by the Brenham KS ''meteorite farm" from the 1800's .... I love entrepreneurs and success stories and the Mary Kimberly story is one of my favorites.

While her husband and neighbors ridiculed her , she gathered a pile of rocks that turned out to be very valuable meteorites ..... that in modern values could buy everybody a fleet of gyros and helicopters and one for each of our friends .... and enough left over to pay the federal deficit :) :)

Long live Kansas farm folks !!!!!!!!! they are the best !!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.meteoritestudies.com/protected_BRENHAM.HTM