Florida Flying 8-8-07

Timchick

Tim Chick
Aircraft
Sport Copter Vortex, 582 Greyhead
Total Flight Time
~30
Here's some photos from flying this morning. It was a little hazy out but other than that, good flying weather. Not much wind blowing this morning.

Photos 1 and 2 are photos of the Airpark I fly out of.

Photo 3 was an attempt at a tail shot. Hopefully I'll do a better job next time.

Photos 4 and 5 are homes along a bayou.

Photo 6 - Homes on the Bay.

Photo 7 - Tyndall AFB runway on the other side of the bay where they fly the QF-4 drones out of. http://www.afmc.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123026634

Photo 8 - Private airstrip on edge of Bay.

Attachments

• 8-8-07-1.JPG
    8-8-07-1.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 8-8-07-2.jpg
    8-8-07-2.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 8-8-07-3.jpg
    8-8-07-3.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 8-8-07-4.jpg
    8-8-07-4.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 8-8-07-5.jpg
    8-8-07-5.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 8-8-07-6.jpg
    8-8-07-6.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 8-8-07-7.jpg
    8-8-07-7.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 8-8-07-8.jpg
    8-8-07-8.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 0
Very cool pics Tim, You didn't dog fight with any of the drones did you? :)

Hey, now there's a thought.

I see a repower in the future. Grab one for me while you're at it.

BTW. Tim, when I get a chance, I'll send those rods you asked for. I'll let you know when DHL...I mean UPS has them.

What's the yarn doin' in pic #2?

Phil.

Tim: Thanks for sharing those good pics......keep stirring that Florida air.

Stan

What's the yarn doin' in pic #2?

Phil.

It was wrapped around the rod. I didn't notice it until I was in the air. I didn't think about trying a vertical descent to fix it until I was back on the ground. Next time it happens I'll remember to try that.

When the QF-4 drones go down they're way out in the Gulf of Mexico. It's not the same thing as finding a Mac engine out in the woods like they used to around some of the practice ranges. I don't have anything big enough to haul back a jet engine even if I found one. :eek:

Last edited:
Nice Pictures Tim keep'em coming

Greg :wave:

Great photos thanks!

Thom,
Florida, this time of year, has air with body. You don't breath it, you chew it! That's a CLEAR day.

Phil.

That is a clear day, you should see it here in Georgia, I mean you can really SEE the air. I was at about 1000ft and the ground was dang near obscured by the haze. easy to get lost while flying.

Tim man, I grabbed my seat here in the office when I saw those shots, here in florida I couldnt enjoy the flight for fear of fw coming at me. Great photos.

1000ft!!!! What are you doing up there. There's planes up there!
I was taking advantage of the thermals for some free lift. but when I could barely see the ground I had to get back down to 500ft. :)

The ultralight guys fly around 1000 ft so I've had to get used to flying that high. Occasionally some jets from Tyndall fly through and they don't look very much higher than 1000 ft. I try to stay below that if I'm out by myself.