Fixed Wing Ultralight Crash

I agree Ron,certification is no garantee for reliability or safty.[it dose keep alot of people in a job in this country with all the red tape crap though].

Sorry to hear about your mate Tim,hope he's up and about soon.

I've lost three or four pilot friends in departure-stall accidents in the last dozen years. All but one involved GA planes, and in all of those GA cases the pilots took friends and/or family with them to their deaths. In two such cases, a teenager got away from the wreck alive, but watched parents or siblings die in the post-crash fire. Truly horrible.

A stable gyro really is significantly safer than FW in this respect.

Ron,

Ultraflight Radio Address just what your post said this week. I will have to wait for the archive version later this week as I was at work and could not listen in.

Chuck Slusarczyk, CGS Hawk
In the wake of a tragic ultralight accident in Punta Gorda, Florida, pilot Richard Howe was quoted regarding ultralight flying that, "It's inherently unsafe.." Chuck Slusarczyk, a well know aircraft designer, joins us to dispute Richard's claim. In fact, in many situations ultralight aircraft can be shown to be far safer than other types of flying. www.cgsaviation.com/

Pity there was no gyro person to give our 2-cents!

Doug,

Sorry to hear about your friends.

I have been very lucky so far in that autos, cycles and aircraft have not killed anyone I know, just injured.

The TUPA newsletter editor just mailed me. Apparently Kevin and possibly others have donated to the fund for Dan. Thanks Kevin! This really shows how great the gyro community is. I am very proud. Official thanks will be published in the upcoming newsletter.