First Titanium Autogyro flys in the USA

TAGNA

Titanium Autogyro
Aircraft
Titanium explorer
Total Flight Time
This week marks the first flight of the Titanium Autogyro in the USA.
We hope to have many more!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 0
Conratulations. Safe flights and blue skies.

It's been a long time coming for the both of you. A long hard road traveled but you have finally reached your dream. A huge congratulations to both Jim and Chris Toevs.

It's been a long time coming for the both of you. A long hard road traveled but you have finally reached your dream. A huge congratulations to both Jim and Chris Toevs.

Desmon, as well as one other person from what I hear, has also been a big part of this , along with FJ & C. Kudos to them all :yo:

That red Titanium carried FJ in the back seat and didn't even struggle :eek::lol: What a machine.... Far Superior for sure... and not just the Far Superior rotors :yo:

Thanks to partner Mark Airey for the use of his hanger. This made the work of tuning much easier. These are just a few more pictures.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 0
Yes, TAGNA is a four person partnership as a dealer for TAG, but this particular gyro belongs to Jim and Chris, that is why I congratulated them. But yes, it is a big step for the other partners too.

Great news for all involved......

The Tag gyro needs to be added to the kit builders and manufacturers section of the forum. Great to see a bit of Aussie ingenuity infiltrate the U.S. Gyro market.
Best of luck TAGNA.

The Tag gyro needs to be added to the kit builders and manufacturers section of the forum. Great to see a bit of Aussie ingenuity infiltrate the U.S. Gyro market.
Best of luck TAGNA.

Yes the request was made for it to be added a little while back I hope they get to it soon.

Paul I hope to have some good video of that pass this year. It would be neat to get a few shots from other gyros as a point of view from the approach side.

They will probably be done in my own gyro however.

Last edited:
we need a flight report. How was it?

Now many of you know I am part of this group involved with the Titanium Autogyro. However I fly and evaluate many machines of all kinds. This list below gives my findings as a test pilot.

Titanium autogyro test data:

Model: Titanium Explorer

Motor: Rotax 914

Prop: Bolly

Rotor: impregnated carbon fiber 9 inch cord x 28 feet

Conditions:

Temp 88 F

Field elevation 800 ft MSL

Density altitude 2000 ft

Wind 10 KTS

Total fuel 10 gal

Total pilot & passenger weight 485

Testing Pilot: CFI Desmon Butts

Rate of climb 500 ft per min.

VX: 55 KTS

Best glide : 55KTS

Cruise:70 KTS 5000 RPM fully loaded.

More Data will be shown as testing continues.

This gyro is a joy to fly. The carbon blades have a smooth feel and a little more float but still have a sporty attitude.

I find the response with two people to be exceptional. Climb out with full load seemed to be almost effortless. Slight pressure to the left was compensated by a yolk trim system that is included. Landing is smooth with a special shock absorbing front geer. The front wheel design has slight semi castering qualities incase of side loading. However it is not prone to wheel shimmy. The rear spar also includes a small nylon tail wheel to prevent nose high flair tail damage.

The base empty weight is less then other models of similar make. This gives the Titanium Autogyro a higher useful load. This can be of course used for cargo or make it one of the few machines to carry larger passengers. The extras and attention to detail put it in a class of its own. Several features include: Duel prerotaor systems, adjustable peddles, rear glove box, cargo pods, prop rock guard, and many other finishing touches. All of these including the full gyro cover are standard equipment.

Last edited:
Yes, TAGNA is a four person partnership as a dealer for TAG, but this particular gyro belongs to Jim and Chris, that is why I congratulated them. But yes, it is a big step for the other partners too.

Sorry Mike, my bad... I didn't think of that :twitch: :yo:

Now I could use a slick dash like that for the rear seat of my MTO Sport. Guess I need to study up on my fiber glassing or sheet metal work.

Yea, that back seat panel is nice, I like it.

We will be bringing the 914 Titanium Explorer to Utah next week.
I hope to be able to post data at that location. It should be interesting to compair.
The one thing I did not post earlier was the VNE of 100 knots.

Was that done by the new auto-tracking video system, Desmon?

No this was shot with an HD jvc. Chris shot some off my tripod and I shot the stills and opener. The SOLOSHOT was at another location.