First Kit Built ELA G8 in USA

LOOKING GOOD . Its nice to see you guys have worked out all the problems from when I meet and saw Matt a while back . If I knew when you were going to be at the hanger I would fly over and say HI!
Keep up the good work.

LOOKING GOOD . Its nice to see you guys have worked out all the problems from when I meet and saw Matt a while back . If I knew when you were going to be at the hanger I would fly over and say HI!
Keep up the good work.

Hi Mark,

Matt enjoyed your visit, he's talked about it often. I'm sure he wouldn't mind another.

Doing engine runs, prerotator spin-ups and finishing details to get ready for sign-off and first flight!

One of the panel too.

Attachments

• ELA prerotator testing.JPG
    ELA prerotator testing.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Panel.JPG
    Panel.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 2
Great looking ship!

We need to plan a Central Texas Fly-in in the spring...we've got them in every corner of Texas, it would be great to get a gaggle of them together for a fly-in here in the middle. :)

How is the fuel tank holding up to the ethanol content in the gas?
Or are you running avgas?

Matt's ELA 8

Matt's ELA 8

I've flown with Matt in this beautiful aircraft. It's smooth, fast, and nimble. Furthermore, it's immaculate; I doubt there are many gyroplanes kept any more spotless than Matt keeps this one. Incidentally, it's also currently listed at Barnstormers. Below is a copy of the ad.

2015 ELA G8 AUTOGYRO • $62,500 • FOR SALE • Super high performance ELA G8 with Rotax 912ULS Big-bore upgrade done by Ronnie Smith at South Mississippi Light Sport Aircraft. 142hrs TTAF&E Immaculate. Dual controls. Intercom. N940BD. Prop and rotor dynamically balanced by RPX and Dynavibe. Funke works Comm and mode-S Trans. iFly 740 gps. Additional prop available for sale. 1200 lbs gross. Day/Night VFR .VIDEOS available. Actual flight to +16,000ft !! Not used for training. Lots of videos online. NOTE: DO NOT CONTACT with solicitations. I am not interested in your personal business opportunities. • Contact Jon M. Pearson, Owner - located Shady Shores, TX USA • Telephone: 940-300-3026 • Posted May 30, 2016 •

Ira

Aerotrek isn't doing gyroplanes in the US any more per email I received from him today due to lack of time to market and develope build manuals.

The ELA's are removed from their website also.

Can't be that hard to write a build manual with good customer and technical support from the factory?

Maybe an opportunity for another dealer network

Aerotrek had issues as they were the importer but had no experience with gyros and so were somewhat in the dark about things.

ELA has set up a US company, ELA Aviation USA. Corp, to manage the sales and service network to address the market, so time will tell what fruit that produces.

As far as manuals ELA produced a series of detailed videos showing the assembly steps and anyone with reasonable intelligence could assemble an ELA from those, in fact that is what was done with the above ELA but you still need a healthy dose of experience to cover all the little details that go into an aircraft project.

Orphan or not the one flying ELA in the country continues to be flown on a regular basis and the factory has said they will support it in parts should any be needed.