First Fly-In for Chapter 6 in 2011

dragonflyerthom

Platinum Member
Aircraft
RAF 2000 GTX SE
Total Flight Time
183FW 132Gyro
O.K. Guys I am starting to organize our first 2011 Fly in. Virgil at the FBO in Magnolia, Arkansas has agreed to host this event.

The thing that will make this one different than any of our other fly in is that it will be Friday the 29 and Saturday the 30th of April.

If you need a condition inspection I can have an A&P there to do this for you. I am also trying to get a CFI to do biannuals. Please let me know if you need any of these services so that I can arrange it.

If any of you know any PPC or Trike pilots that they are invited also. We can really make this a great fly in for everyone.

I would also like to invite Chapter 20 our sister chapter to come also.

Lets make this one the best ever.

PM me with your needs so that I can arrange this for you guys

Way to go Thom!!!

Thom, make sure you keep me posted on details so I can include this in our newsletter so the entire region will know.

Details of this and other regional fly-ins for 2011 will be posted in the Southwest Rotorcraft newsletter.

Thom,

Way to go!!! It's a bit far for me to make it but I sure wish you all the luck in the world with it. Keep us posted on the forum and post lots of pictures.

Gyro Doug

Thom- You always keep a high level of enthusiasm for this sport. I am sure you will have another good fly-in. Stan

Stan, Doug

Thanks for the kind words of support. I am trying something new. I hope to get a bunch of slow flyers for this one and it will be two days rather than one.

The forum that I visit for the Sonerai is http://www.sonerai.net/

They seem to be a great bunch of guys also.

Well I flew down to Magnolia yesterday. Virgil is getting ready for our April 29-30 flyin. We will have covered Ty-downs for your gyros in a hanger.. Awards will be given for a bomb drop, landings, and furtherest flown. I got this award the last time we were there and I only flew an hour. If you need a condition inspection($75) or your bi-annual let me know so that you can be put on the schedule. I have one of each so far.

The Western Sizzler is closed so we will have BBQue Saturday evening at the Hanger. Bring your appetite the food will be great. And Stan you will just have to remember Smoking Bones in Florida.

Hey Guys and Gals

This is a bump for this Flyin. It is coming up April 29th and 30th. It should be a really great flyin. There will be a bomb drop, Landing contest and Furtherest flown. The awards will be at the barbeque in the Hanger Saturday Night. If you want there is lots of parkaing for your cars as well. Ultra lights aircraft, PPCs or really anything that flys slow is invited also. You can fly your plane in and there is room for them as well.

If you need you gyro inspected for the condition report contact me. Biannuals also. Call or pm me.

Last time we were at Magnolia, Arkansas there was a large Helicopter (???) that visited us and had lunch.

No telling what will be there.

Thanks for reading.

Thom,

It sounds like you have organized a great Fly In. I am excited for you and wish I was going to be able to make it. Best of luck and have fun!!!

Please take pictures for us Thom!

With you it is always a party so I know you folks are going to have a blast!!!!

Thanks Doug and John. I sure hope so.

Taking the pics isn't the problem. It's posting that has been my problem. I now have two new cameras to learn. One is a Nikon D3100 and the other is a simple(yea right) youtube enabled point and shoot. Maybe just maybe I will be able to figure this out.

6 days and counting. If you have never been to a local flyin this will be a good one. We will have chapter 6&20 members with their gyros, builds, and perhaps a few for sale. We will be flying, talking, and galking Gyros. Come and visit. You can flying, drivein, ridein, or walkin. Watch the contest or partake in them.

Tomorrow is the first day. If you come tomorrow that will be one
More day to fly your gyro. Weather should be greT.

Thom,

Have a great event!!! I can't wait to see some pictures of some of the action. Enjoy yourself and don't spend too much energy worrying about how everything is going, just have fun and it will work out.

Thanks Doug

Just left the flyin. There were 6 gyros that showed up today. Lots of flying and some hanger flying also. We have the greatest members. No will post pics as soon as I can resize them.

I am leaving the house in a few minutes , hope you have a good day of flying tomorrow.

It was a great little flyin. Lots of Macs., A high speed dash down the runway with two quick yellow gyros. That fellow from south Louisiana, made us Cajuns proud (but barely).
Lot of new and different ideals. Virgil has a Tractor with Contenintal Engine for sale.
It was worth the trip even though I could not bring my gyro. Great Pizza for lunch.
I will post some video tomorrow and a few pictures. I am beat from the driving.

thanks to everyone from ARK, you were wonder host!!