First cross country trip in the ArrowCopter

Chris - loved your report and pictures. You are an inspiration to all of us and I really mean it. English-wise as well. Just so there is no doubt - I also like Chuck's comments - always wise and educating.

Udi

Very nice! Thanks for posting, great report, great pictures! Great job! :)

Hi Chris aka "GyrOZprey": my Aussie English is restricted to interactions I had with a fellow scientist. We were working alongside each other for two years. It took me the better part of that time just to be able to figure out what he was trying to say. The "mate" part I got pretty quickly. For the rest I would need a focused language vacation mingling with the natives...

Doug, thanks for the flowers. I appreciate your posting.

Desmon, sign up for the next trip? I have you booked firm. No way to wiggle yourself out of that one :)

perbgyro, there is a guy called Michael Obermaier who just completed a tour with 7 gyros through France. This was an awsome experience on every level imaginable (culinary, oenologicaly, aeronautically, historically, ...). If you want to experience Europe at its best, there is no better way. He can be reached at: [email protected]:

Hi, Giorgos: thanks for dropping in. I am not good at taking videos. I have enough trouble trying to take a meaningful picture. Considering a video has 25 pictures per second, this is way beyond my capabillities...

Brian, the camera I use is a small Panasonic Lumix camera I bought four years ago. You can enhance the photo quality somewhat by careful post-processing.

Udi, we still have to meet. I was hoping to meet you on my way across Colorado but it didn't work out. It'll happen some day.

Scott, thanks for your encouragement.

Greetings, -- Chris.

Thank you for an enjoyable vicarious gyro trip! and thanks for supplying the lady to come along with us! Very nice, but I'd like to see more of the gyro, and also a bit of video to capture the sound :D

I love that gyro!!

I love that gyro!!

that is the first gyro in a LOONG time that I actually could see myself going in debt for... Love it!!

Thanks so much for bringing us along for the ride! Wonderful pictures !

Don

Hi Xavier, the rotor blades do indeed make people happy. I will start a new thread about rotor track and balancing on the ArrowCopter. I love flying beneath your set of blades.

Hi Dino, I'm still mulling over a journey to Greece. It is bound to happen just don't know exactly when.

Greg, thanks for your comments. I will pass the remark about the lady to Katharina. It'll make her smile.

Hi Don and Tim: I did post some videos of the ArrowCopter a while back which did show off the throuty and manly sound. I don't have a video camera myself and using a camera inside the cockpit is bound to give very bad images due to reflections off the canopy. But very soon we are going to flight test the ArrowCopter with the open canopy!

Greetings, -- Chris.

Chris

Really enjoyed reading about your adventure in that beautiful machine. Thanks for sharing.

Mark