Few Test Numbers from my Amphibious Gyro

HydroGyroNut

Hydro
Here are some test numbers from my gyro with amphibious floats.
Weight 740pounds
Useful load 492 pounds
At 4500rpm = 59mph
5000rpm = 78mph
5500rpm = 88mph
5800rpm = 100mph
I placed elevators on the rear topside of the floats and they work well as designed. When I pull back on the lever, down force increases and the nose lifts up. I will only use it whenever and if there ever is a time I choose to dive to gain airspeed on landing into the wind. I first pulling back on throttle then my hand moves onto the lever in one continuous motion and pulls back to engage the elevator. Works nicely. Don't need it most of the time but glad its there.. plus it looks cool. Just to note that no other float gyros have this, but I incorporated this concept for my own peace of mind. So far, this gyro has exceeded my expectations. Just thought some out there would like to know.
Today, one of my fixed wing buddies from across the bay that we share told me he was amazed at how quickly my gyro took off from the water. He himself flies a MX quicksilver on full Lotus floats without wheels and with a 912, which he says weighs in at about 840pounds. I'm indeed very happy with my gyrophibian. It has indeed exceeded my expectations.

Victor ..... I'm SO impressed with your gyro-journey & development of your custom MTO-on- floats! I appreciate the adversity & initial challenges you had to overcome to get to this point! ;) Thanks for sharing your test results!

To add photos to posts ..... hit (go advanced) button next to quick reply ... go down to manage attachments & then in the pop-up box - use Browse button ... select the file ( off computer) you want to upload .... can select 1 to 4 then upload & if you want 4 more - upload ... max of 8 pict per post! ( This is what I do on the computer ... Ipad / mobile devices ... I don't know!)

That is remarkable performance Victor.

Congratulations!

Regards, Vance

Victor- Fantastic accomplishment. Living near water and using it for a runway reminds me of living near air and using it for a runway.

If I were on the water like that I would strongly consider floats.

Stan

Amphibious Gyro

Amphibious Gyro

Thanks guys. Its been a long road getting to this point of my once upon a time a dream.Now it's reality. We all have but one life to live so let's all enjoy what we cherish in this short time we down on earth . Between my hobby, my professional work, work maintaining a home and my time spent taking care of my families needs, I just cannot seem to find the time to get into making a nice video. Unfortunately, my wife is not very supportive of my hobby and thinks it takes away from the time I spend with her and the family, as well as the fear of losing me. That is what drives me to b as safe as I can possibly be, doing this, but also limits my experience sharing it with her. However, this does not diminish my love for my girlfriend, 'my gyro'..lol. I sure hope I will eventually come around to making and posting a video.
Fly safe everyone..