Fatal - Tango Gyro Tango2 RA-0674A, Klyazma River, outside of Moscow, Russia 31 AUG 2019

TyroGyro

Aircraft
MTO Sport
Total Flight Time

The gyroplane clipped powerlines and impacted the waters of the Klyazma River, outside of Moscow. The aircraft was destroyed and the two occupants onboard, a father and a son, were fatally injured.

This was the second Russian Tango2 river wire-strike, only 10 days after the last. https://www.rotaryforum.com/threads...ya-vologda-region-russia-21-aug-2019.1146765/

Sincere condolences to those affected by this tragic incident.

Last edited:

gyroplanes

FAA DAR Gyropilot
Aircraft
(1) Air Command, (1) Barnett, (1) Air Command 2 place kit, (1) Sycamore gyro
Total Flight Time
Almost everyone carries a really good camera these days, some of us fail to take full advantage of that miracle in our pockets :)

AgentCheese

Aircraft
Magni M16 914
Total Flight Time
500+ in Gyros
Wires are next to impossible to see in the light of day, and almost invisible at dawn or dusk when this happened. Still, the towers should have been a big clue.

MikeBoyette

Gold Member
Aircraft
Dominator
Total Flight Time
200+
Wires are next to impossible to see in the light of day, and almost invisible at dawn or dusk when this happened. Still, the towers should have been a big clue.
That’s what my instructors (I had three) always taught me was to look for what holds the wires up not the wires themselves. Wires are impossible to see as you stated. We all had a friend who used to frequent this forum for many years who is gone now of natural causes named David Holmes. One of his accidents he hit the guy wires on a radio tower in a Ultrawhite Dominator and lived.