Fatal - ?? Magni ??, Goorangoola, Hunter Valley, New South Wales, Australia

TyroGyro

Aircraft
MTO Sport
Total Flight Time
Could be a Magni M24, judging by the accompanying interior photo, with the pilot. I will update as more information becomes available.

All the reports seem to be behind Australian paywalls, but GyroAccidents blogspot says:

"4th July 2021 - Unknown gyrocopter - registration unknown - Fatal Accident - News reports say the gyrocopter came down in a paddock near Goorangoola about 50km from Muswellbrook. One person was found dead at the scene, with a second airlifted to hospital."
Elsewhere, pilot identified as Bradley Downes (critically injured), passenger identified as Scott Duncan (deceased), after the aircraft caught fire.

Sincere condolences to all affected by this tragic event.

Last edited:

fara

AR-1 gyro manufacturer
Aircraft
AR-1
Total Flight Time
4000+ 380 gyroplanes. Sport CFI Gyro and Trikes
That's sad news. My condolences to the deceased friends and family. I could not find anything about it as Australian news links are all pay for play and it seems like we don't have any active Australian gyroplane pilots or club members here

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
Sad. Sorry to hear.

Condolences to family and friends

Rick E

Aircraft
Cavalon and an MTO Sport
Total Flight Time
2250+
The police requested that the Australian Sport Rotorcraft Association attend the accident scene to assist police which is normal practice.
The release of any information is under the control of police investigators.
If however any aspect of a gyroplane accident compromises the safety of other pilots or aircraft Safety Directives and/or Bulletins would be issued immediately by ASRA as is our policy.
A very sad day for us all.

Last edited: