Fatal - ?? Magni ??, Goorangoola, Hunter Valley, New South Wales, Australia 04 JUL 2021

TyroGyro

Aircraft
MTOsport G-IROD
Total Flight Time
Could be a Magni M24, judging by the accompanying interior photo, with the pilot. I will update as more information becomes available.

All the reports seem to be behind Australian paywalls, but GyroAccidents blogspot says:

"4th July 2021 - Unknown gyrocopter - registration unknown - Fatal Accident - News reports say the gyrocopter came down in a paddock near Goorangoola about 50km from Muswellbrook. One person was found dead at the scene, with a second airlifted to hospital."
Elsewhere, pilot identified as Bradley Downes (critically injured), passenger identified as Scott Duncan (deceased), after the aircraft caught fire.

Sincere condolences to all affected by this tragic event.

Last edited:
That's sad news. My condolences to the deceased friends and family. I could not find anything about it as Australian news links are all pay for play and it seems like we don't have any active Australian gyroplane pilots or club members here

Sad. Sorry to hear.

Condolences to family and friends

The police requested that the Australian Sport Rotorcraft Association attend the accident scene to assist police which is normal practice.
The release of any information is under the control of police investigators.
If however any aspect of a gyroplane accident compromises the safety of other pilots or aircraft Safety Directives and/or Bulletins would be issued immediately by ASRA as is our policy.
A very sad day for us all.

Last edited:
It makes me so sad to hear of this. My prayers go out to the family