Fantastic Annual Conditional Inspection at SilverLight Aviation!

Guv'nor

Aircraft
AR-1
I flew my 2018 American Ranger AR-1 from NC to FL this past week for it's annual conditional inspection (and a few upgrades) at SilverLight Aviation. I was very impressed with their service and thoroughness. They checked every bolt, nut and washer! Abid Farooqui even test flew it before and after the service. Fantastic experience and loved the hospitality. I love the fact that American Rangers are "Made in the USA" and that their service and support are close by. I can certainly recommend SilverLight Aviation's AR-1 to anyone looking to get into Gyroplanes! (My Gyro flew back to NC like a brand new one!) Love it!
Blue Skies to all my fellow "Gyronauts",
Guv'nor

Barry Maggio who recently passed away due to cancer had great support from Abid and Silverlight Aviation with his multiple gyros including an AR-1. Abid was so helpful in enabling and continuing Barry's dream of flying for many years though Barry's ups and downs in his flying adventures. Nice job Abid!

Barry Maggio who recently passed away due to cancer had great support from Abid and Silverlight Aviation with his multiple gyros including an AR-1. Abid was so helpful in enabling and continuing Barry's dream of flying for many years though Barry's ups and downs in his flying adventures. Nice job Abid!

Barry was such a positive guy and so nice. Every time I talked to him to ask him how he was doing, even while in Chemo, he had only one answer: Better and better. I taught him to fly trikes, sold him 3, he invested with my previous company by owning aircraft kits in inventory and then when I went to SilverLight, he switched to gyroplanes and after his Magni taxi into a trailer incident, got him an Apollo gyro and then after he managed to run his Apollo into wires and survived somehow, got him into an AR-1. As his instructor I always tried to warn him about modification he did both to the trikes and to the gyroplanes because I was not happy with the risk that comes with mods like that but it was my absolute pleasure to have Barry as a customer and most importantly as a friend. He even advised his son to go to RIT after talking to me about my Alma Mater. He defines "Italian American" to me. Heart and positivity bigger than life. Will miss the guy. He was a 18 year serial customer of mine buying 5 aircraft from companies I was associated with. I was honored to be trusted by such customers.

Last edited:
I flew my 2018 American Ranger AR-1 from NC to FL this past week for it's annual conditional inspection (and a few upgrades) at SilverLight Aviation. I was very impressed with their service and thoroughness. They checked every bolt, nut and washer! Abid Farooqui even test flew it before and after the service. Fantastic experience and loved the hospitality. I love the fact that American Rangers are "Made in the USA" and that their service and support are close by. I can certainly recommend SilverLight Aviation's AR-1 to anyone looking to get into Gyroplanes! (My Gyro flew back to NC like a brand new one!) Love it!
Blue Skies to all my fellow "Gyronauts",
Guv'nor

Thanks for the kind words Gary. Great to see you again. Hope those controls loosened up a little but hey can't beat hardly any stick shake.