Fall Fly in and Meeting.

dragonflyerthom

Platinum Member
Aircraft
RAF 2000 GTX SE
Total Flight Time
183FW 132Gyro
We will be having our Fall meeting on the 26-27 October, 2007 at the Gurdon, AR airport. This time there will be a Forest Festival going on at the same time so bring the whole family. There will be many activities for the whole family. There will be hundreds of spectators in the main part of town from the whole state. Our airport is just 1/2 mile from down town as the crow flies. Camp sites are limited but we have one motel about 5 miles and 6 motels about 15 miles. There are several Restaurants in our area. We will be feeding the members lunch on Saturday. Hope to see many visitors and members PRA 20 is invited to come also. I am trying to get a Blackhawk Heli from Arkansas if our request goes thru.

P.S. We are trying to get away from the beginning Fall Bow season on the first of October. Talked to others and it would have interfered. Magilla our Treasurer has commitments the beginning of the month also. Something to do with the Reserves coming home from the war. We would love to see how Joe T is coming along with his tractor. My mod is done and it will be there.

Last edited:
Thom,
I'm working that weekend nights, but if i can swing it I'll try to be there.

I know you guys won't know what to do without me.

Rudy

I do have a place for your motor home. Hope you can come with that beautiful RAF of yours.:tape:

Good luck on you guys training. I have talked to Dewey one of his students and he said he is great.

Last edited:
Joe T

I can hardly wait to see it. That tractor design will peak a lot of interest in gyros. It looks good in pics but I'll bet it looks better in real time.

Anyone that can, come and enjoy the festivities. Remember you can come early also.

To all of our PRA#20 brothers. Gurdon is 1 hour from El Dorado.

Last edited:
That would be the ultimate show Spencer. The town folk around here won't know what to think. I hope you will be able to bring your Jungle Jim also.

Bump this thread again. We would love to see a lot of gyros at this meet. There will be thousands of people from all over Arkansas at a Forest Festival here at Gurdon, AR. Gurdon is located 1 hour from El Dorado, 1 1/4 hours from Texarkana and 1 1/4 from Little Rock. We are just 4 miles from the Interstate 30. There are several motels that are about 20 minutes from the airport and one located on the I 30 exit for Gurdon. We are a dry county so IF you want alcohol you will need to bring your own. We have a Liquor store about 22 miles from Gurdon. I hope to see you at the Fly In. Once again if you need help finding us or questions about the fly in my phone number is 870 246 8613

Well the 27th is this coming Saturday. Hope to see you there. I am hoping this is the best yet. You will make it the best. There will be signs to the airport when you are on Hwy 67.

Mark

It is next Saturday the 27. I really will miss you if you don't come. I understand. Our local Truck Stop Restaurant has just reopened this last Monay. Really good food.

Hope you have a good turnout Thom. One of these days I'll make to one of your Arkansas flyins.

Hope you have a good turnout Thom. One of these days I'll make to one of your Arkansas flyins.

Thanks Michael. We should have Joe Ts and Spencer Rs tractors here this coming weekend. I am hoping we get some of PRA 20s members here also. I should be a good one. Not many fly ins with a festival also for the entire family.

The two gyros will face off in a duel displaying marvelous aerial talent...

But seriously, mine should be ready for engine runs and taxi tests this next weekend.

Hey Thom - I'll be there with the tractor, but no UH-60... :(

If there is a choice then I would rather see the tractor Spencer. I can hardly wait to show you guys what I have done to Pearl the Dragon.

Saturday the 27 is tomorrow. Hope to see you here. Temp is to be in the 70s. Clear and nice.