Experimental Comparable to STOL Maule?

I've searched and searched and can't find a BD-4 kit website or info. Is it Bede aircraft? I understand it's one of the most lauded kits because it's one of the first.

Thanks Jeff. I'll be looking into this. Anyone have a reference of price point for total build? Some of the site is needing an update.

I thought you wanted a short takeoff plane, not sure the BD4 is going to perform STOL like a maule

Ironic...

Ironic...

I always thought Maule's were cool, Built right here in south Georgia.
I have seen a few of them rotting away at airports..dang shame.

Scott,

Ironically that is where I saw one, on its back, crashed down by but not at the Briar Patch. That is not a cheap plane to wreck. they go for over 6 figures.

What is with that aircraft rotting away at airports. ??? I have to make a trip up to Craven, now Coastal Carolina, (renamed) the old proctor guy had a aircraft wrecking yard at the old end of the field and had lots of good old, but rotting into the ground dozens upon dozens of different aircraft.... Old man was crazy and he wanted top dollar like they were gold or something. I got word recently that the airport authority made him clean it all up, just too sad. Lots of opportunity gone to waste. Most likely ended up in a dumpster.

J

Last edited:
We have planes rotting away here too. It's sad and to the point where the planes aren't worth anything.

Very nice. I searched YouTube for bearhawk aircraft and watched some very nice STOL vids. Seems good and capable aircraft.

Why is the BD 4 so fast? Seems a remarkable little plane. 180 to 200 HP and they are talking 190 mph, vs the BearHawk at 165 mph?

Last edited:
I don't like the looks of the BD-4.
That Bear Hawk looks good.

I still think the STOL kit-built Murphy Moose is better looking than the lot of them:

Attachments

• Moose504.jpg
    Moose504.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 0
I'm most impressed by the Bearhawk at this point. The Moose is a nice beast but seems many argue that it's not a true moose unless it's rotary. Also razor, looking for something that would be 4-place. Yea those BH sure do look nice.