Experimental Comparable to STOL Maule?

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
OK its been posted before, but it is cool. Here is a guy really having a blast in his Highlander, and it is pretty STOL, but not a 4 place which I think is what is being looked for.

YouTube - ‪STOL Airplane Mountain Takeoff and Landing‬‏

I remembered it as just from the plane, but then on watching again saw that he had a guy with him who gets it all from the ground. So he had his cojones ...and...another passenger as well in the plane. I guess that almost makes it a 3 place

Last edited:

Sir Real

The Highlander is a terriffic little LSA bush plane. For STOL there's not much better, and it's about the roomiest LSA out there, and has about the highest payload. The last few years, they have won multiple awards at SNF, Oshkosh & Arlington, but it's slow (Less than 100 mph).

The Dream Air Tundra looks nice and has plenty of room and payload. They look good, too. I haven't seen many flying, though, and they're kind of expensive.

The Bearhawk has a great rep and a decent support system, good speed, top payload as well as easy cargo access (it was designed by Bob Barrows to haul the big engines he builds). Good STOL capability. If you want to see more, Brady Lane, the multimedia guy and official newbie pilot over at EAA Sport Aviation Magazine, is building one, and he streams live every Tuesday night at dreambuildfly.com

kolibri282

Sean,

thanks for the link, I very much enjoyed going astray and having a look at all those serious back country planes....;-)