Experimental Comparable to STOL Maule?

willisbr

Aircraft
Maule MT7-235; RAF 2000 (sold)
I've searched and searched and can't find a BD-4 kit website or info. Is it Bede aircraft? I understand it's one of the most lauded kits because it's one of the first.

willisbr

Aircraft
Thanks Jeff. I'll be looking into this. Anyone have a reference of price point for total build? Some of the site is needing an update.

GyroRon

Former Gyro know it all
Aircraft
Waiex/3300 Jab, Phantom UL, Flightstar II UL
Total Flight Time
ALOT
I thought you wanted a short takeoff plane, not sure the BD4 is going to perform STOL like a maule

automan1223

Banned
Aircraft
2p Tandem Air Command "Big Red"
Total Flight Time
Ironic...

Ironic...

I always thought Maule's were cool, Built right here in south Georgia.
I have seen a few of them rotting away at airports..dang shame.
Scott,

Ironically that is where I saw one, on its back, crashed down by but not at the Briar Patch. That is not a cheap plane to wreck. they go for over 6 figures.

What is with that aircraft rotting away at airports. ??? I have to make a trip up to Craven, now Coastal Carolina, (renamed) the old proctor guy had a aircraft wrecking yard at the old end of the field and had lots of good old, but rotting into the ground dozens upon dozens of different aircraft.... Old man was crazy and he wanted top dollar like they were gold or something. I got word recently that the airport authority made him clean it all up, just too sad. Lots of opportunity gone to waste. Most likely ended up in a dumpster.

J

Mark E

Total Flight Time
A total of about 60 minutes dual hangin onto a stick in Cessna, a glider, and a gyrocopter.
Last edited:

Scary Gary

Banned
Aircraft
used to own 1946 Stinson & 1946 Aircoupe
Total Flight Time
500 +
We have planes rotting away here too. It's sad and to the point where the planes aren't worth anything.

willisbr

Aircraft
Very nice. I searched YouTube for bearhawk aircraft and watched some very nice STOL vids. Seems good and capable aircraft.

Mark E

Total Flight Time
A total of about 60 minutes dual hangin onto a stick in Cessna, a glider, and a gyrocopter.
Why is the BD 4 so fast? Seems a remarkable little plane. 180 to 200 HP and they are talking 190 mph, vs the BearHawk at 165 mph?

Last edited:

Scary Gary

Banned
Aircraft
used to own 1946 Stinson & 1946 Aircoupe
Total Flight Time
500 +
I don't like the looks of the BD-4.
That Bear Hawk looks good.

WaspAir

Supreme Allied Gyro CFI
Aircraft
Bell 47G-3B-1 / A&S 18A / Phoebus C, etc.
Total Flight Time
stopped caring at 1000
I still think the STOL kit-built Murphy Moose is better looking than the lot of them:

Attachments

willisbr

Aircraft
I'm most impressed by the Bearhawk at this point. The Moose is a nice beast but seems many argue that it's not a true moose unless it's rotary. Also razor, looking for something that would be 4-place. Yea those BH sure do look nice.