Everything wrong with amateur-built in one convenient video

Brian Jackson

Platinum Member
Aircraft
GyroBee Variant - Under Construction

I sure hope he didn't attempt to fly that thing. Although from the looks of the flight controls alone (shown in glorious close-up) something hopefully broke before it could take him too far from the ground. If the guy's posting build videos on YouTube then he has access to numerous resources like RWF. Just baffling.

I love it !! People with special needs do special things. This is an accomplishment. Better than some of the I'm gonna do this and make everything better, faster lighter. I will revolutionise the Gyros as they have never been done before. Yet we see NOTHING !! This guy has something to show for and good for him. I've watched the gyro Messiahs come and go and we have a few on this forum who have nothing to show for and thinning out slowly and surely.

It takes time, persistence and near-total "immersion" in aircraft lore to build a safe craft. "Outsider art" is fine, but there's no such thing as outsider engineering. You need to hang around this activity quite awhile to learn how to lay a safe aircraft weld bead, or construct a fitting so load path is in the middle, not way off to one side.

I love the enthusiastic use of tie-wraps. He seemed to be aware of the offset fitting issues. I think he was showing how he was 'improving' them.
As an exponent of seagull soldering, I was impressed with the seagull welding.
I never quite figured out what the other machine was,,,, aerocanoe?? or what.

Yeah, he’s Brazilian. (I grew up in Brazil) These appear to be “garage projects”. Nothing he ever intends to put an engine on and actually fly. Proof of concept models maybe. He has another YouTube video where he teaches basic acoustic guitar. Something he seems to be much more versed in.

Anyone can make a video these days and put it on YouTube. Share your passions with the world. Great times we live in.