Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Piper Archer, Aviomania G1sb
Total Flight Time
Not sure over 10,000+ logged FW, 260+ ultralights, sailplane, hang-gliders

Europcar orders 50 Skyworks e-aircrafts for Brazil operations​

http://www.tradearabia.com/news/TTN_387158.html

SAO PAULO, 2 days ago​

Europcar, the world’s third largest rental car company and leading mobility provider, has placed an order for 50 eGyro electrically powered vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft from Skyworks Aeronautics for use in Brazil, the world’s fourth largest market for civil helicopters after the US, Russia and Canada.

Vance

Gyroplane CFI
Aircraft
Givens Predator
Total Flight Time
2400+ in rotorcraft

Europcar orders 50 Skyworks e-aircrafts for Brazil operations​

http://www.tradearabia.com/news/TTN_387158.html

SAO PAULO, 2 days ago​

Europcar, the world’s third largest rental car company and leading mobility provider, has placed an order for 50 eGyro electrically powered vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft from Skyworks Aeronautics for use in Brazil, the world’s fourth largest market for civil helicopters after the US, Russia and Canada.

Martin W.

Are there any actually flying ... ???

The internet is full of theoretical concepts and for some reason folks imagine battery power is some kind of magic elixir.

The fundraising always seems to reach lofty heights .... the aircraft not so much.

fara

AR-1 gyro manufacturer
Aircraft
AR-1
Total Flight Time
4000+ 380 gyroplanes. Sport CFI Gyro and Trikes
Its a very successful technology business:). Sorry I need to go laugh my arse off. e-Gyro. Is this run by the investment firm run by remains of the Groen Brothers by any chance? Anyone know. Investment scam Groen style, round 2 is what it looks like to me.
These so called orders for Joby, Archer etc. and supposedly this e-Gyro are placeholders. They are promises not binding contracts to setup pump and dump schemes for stocks.
Bottom line is energy density of e-Anything sucks big ones right now. Has always sucked and will suck for another decade at least before it can match energy of a pound of gasoline. That revolution of battery tech fundamentally changing due to a materials science advance will not come from or start in aviation. Aviation is too small a market. It will happen and get tested first in cars and Aviation practical use of it will be after cars/trucks.

I give them props for scheming up this in the eVTOL bandwagon. Why should gyroplanes get left behind when all the rest are doing it and going "SPAC" LOL.

Last edited:

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Piper Archer, Aviomania G1sb
Total Flight Time
Not sure over 10,000+ logged FW, 260+ ultralights, sailplane, hang-gliders

Are there any actually flying ... ???

The internet is full of theoretical concepts and for some reason folks imagine battery power is some kind of magic elixir.

The fundraising always seems to reach lofty heights .... the aircraft not so much.

I do not know.
A member, PRA has been assisting, working on the same thing sent me the link... and a note he's too late! Thanks for the help.
The press release "has placed an order for 50 eGyros" implies it flying compared to "has paid deposits".

Who wrote the press release?
A marketing guy who would change the deposit to order. To get more deposits.
Or a real press reporter who has seen it can fly?
If a reporter and knowing the physics he only saw it fly for 15 to 25 minutes and 2/3 the useful load is in batteries to do that?
For commuting short distances in traffic jams, there is a market to get 15 or 20 minutes out of the zoo to the train or limo waiting on a freeway?
They might have to exchange eGyros several times to get out of the zoo like a bus.
I suspect there is a market, the same limited market as the Concord only this is much cheaper with a larger market and shorter distances.

Martin W.

Its a very successful technology business:). Sorry I need to go laugh my arse off. e-Gyro. Is this run by the investment firm run by remains of the Groen Brothers by any chance? Anyone know. Investment scam Groen style, round 2 is what it looks like to me.
These so called orders for Joby, Archer etc. and supposedly this e-Gyro are placeholders. They are promises not binding contracts to setup pump and dump schemes for stocks.
Bottom line is energy density of e-Anything sucks big ones right now. Has always sucked and will suck for another decade at least before it can match energy of a pound of gasoline. That revolution of battery tech fundamentally changing due to a materials science advance will not come from or start in aviation. Aviation is too small a market. It will happen and get tested first in cars and Aviation practical use of it will be after cars/trucks.

I give them props for scheming up this in the eVTOL bandwagon. Why should gyroplanes get left behind when all the rest are doing it and going "SPAC" LOL.

You are on the right track .... this whole recent announcement is predicated on the following ....

100 million investment dollars are earmarked for this project .... that money is the magic elixir that underpins the magic elixir of battery power.

Groen Bros has plenty of gyroplane talent and experience as can be seen in the HAWK 11 which did not go into production but that is beside the point .

Attachments

• skyworks 100 million.JPG
    skyworks 100 million.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 4

fara

AR-1 gyro manufacturer
Aircraft
AR-1
Total Flight Time
4000+ 380 gyroplanes. Sport CFI Gyro and Trikes

You are on the right track .... this whole recent announcement is predicated on the following ....

100 million investment dollars are earmarked for this project .... that money is the magic elixir that underpins the magic elixir of battery power.

Groen Bros has plenty of gyroplane talent and experience as can be seen in the HAWK 11 which did not go into production but that is beside the point .

So exactly. Hawk didn't go into production even after they got $20 million. Why? Because no one needs it at the price it could be sold. At those prices you can start to get into Helicopter market which can hover. Hawk was a good execution of a jump takeoff but heavy and complex enough and pricey enough not to warrant production.

Its the same with e-Gyro, its like the Hawk with electric battery power. Even heavier and less capable with what is available and is likely to be available for the next 5 to 10 years. What's the point? I see some other things they are saying they are going to do that may even be more viable than the stupid eGyro idea. I am pretty sure this is a setup to go public, get stocked pumped up, wait SEC required 1 year and dump stock.

I am not saying the eVTOL eventually can't happen. It can and probably will but in 25 years where the business will be viable. There are so many obstacles on its way. The battery tech, the automation of flight required in given airspace, the regulatory infrastructure that needs changing to allow this, the aviation lawyers licking their palms ready to sue. US, Canada or even Western Europe is not even the right place to start this. We are all too sue happy societies to the point this kind of fundamental shift in transport mechanism to air is not viable at. The certification process itself will be too cumbersome and expensive when it comes out. Countries in Asia and middle-east if they are brave enough to create this new world are much cheaper test cases to try this at and then import the tested solution set to western countries.

Last edited: