Euro Insurance

bpearson

Question for european owners of two place gyros. While we are a member of this disastrous EU experiment we now have to legally obtain third party and passenger liability insurance.

No British broker offers passenger cover and the French company that was prepared to cover us have for some reason backed out.

So what do you all do ?

Brian.

bpearson

Did not think I would get any replies. Like most of the crap thrown out of the Eurozone everyone else ignores it apart from us Brits who take the stupid laws seriously.

'They banned all the gyros, put em in a gyro museum'

steveb

Aircraft
Magni M16 & M24
Total Flight Time
Lots
Euro Insurance

Brian

The French can get insurance through Verspieren.

The Germans have an insurance arrangement via the DULV (one of the BMAA equivalents). I did speak to the German insurers but they didn't want to do business in the UK.

I did speak to an Italian owner. It was a while back - as I recall he did say that insurance was available but was interested in Verpieren as it was much cheaper.

Don't know what the Spanish are doing.

The biggest difference between the UK and the rest of Europe seems to be that elsewhere gyros are classed as microlights and get rolled in to general microlight policies. I suspect you know how the insurers in the UK class gyros .....

Why not give Magni a call and see if they can point you in the direction of an Italian insurer?

bpearson

Hi Steve.

Luckily I got cover before Versperien backed out. It was too good to last and I would love to find out the reasons they decided not to cover the UK anymore.

In the short time they did business with the UK they took a fair amount of money. Wonder what our friends in Ireland are doing for insurance ?

Magni was in discussion with his insurers in Italy but nothing has happened yet. Have you got anything sorted out with the MT ?

Brian.

steveb

Aircraft
Magni M16 & M24
Total Flight Time
Lots
Insurance

Insurance

Brian

The British Rotorcraft Association is continuing in its efforts to get an insurance solution in place. Even if we get Verspieren back on line the RAF owners are still high and dry.

We just have to keep on plugging away.

automan1223

Banned
Aircraft
2p Tandem Air Command "Big Red"
Total Flight Time
Scary.

Scary.

Wow, that is scary that the entire PAN EURO states would require insurance before flight.

Some airports in congested areas require it here in the states but in the country and rural areas the sky is the limit. Unless of course you are under restricted airspace.

Sorry you guys have so much trouble over there.

Why not come to the USA ?

If you fly a gyro your good with this group !

Jonathan

bpearson

Jonathan.

Treasure your freedoms. Soon we will have to carry transponders on all aircraft including hangliders, paragliders etc. This will enable our big brother state to track our movements and charge per mile flown, in controlled airspace or not.

I think the third party risk is ridiculously small but accept that we should have it. However, nobody twists your arm to fly as a passenger. A big placard stating the risks should be enough.

Steve, I can't see any company wanting to cover RAF's. Maybe if the CAA would allow owners to 'make them safer' it would help.

All I can see is more and more illeagal flying !

Brian