Electronic airspeed and altimeter?

Berkut13

Aircraft
Calidus 912
Can someone tell me the make and model of the new electronic airspeed indicator and altimeter used on the new Auto-Gyro MTO and possibly other models? A good high res pic of an instrument panel should do as there is printing on the front bezel.

No Title

There’s nothing on the bezel that indicates the manufacturer. Here a couple of photos.

Attachments

• photo128736.jpg
    photo128736.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 9
  • photo128737.jpg
    photo128737.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 11
  • photo128738.jpg
    photo128738.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 9
Here's two neat Airspeed/Altimeter combination instrument manufacturers if you are short on panel space or want to save on weight..

kanardia do some really neat lightweight digital and analog mix instruments:

http://www.kanardia.eu/product/combo-indicator/

Good friends of mine are the Irish Kanardia dealers:

http://skybound.ie/kanardia-avionics/

also MGL make a new line of Vega 2 1/4" colour instruments,

the ASV-1 has airspeed,altimeter and VSI in one package. The RPM-1 is a dual tach in the one gauge.

http://www.mglavionics.co.za/vega.html

Ive ordered the ASV-1 and RPM-1 and they are going into my Dominator Single along with a new pod I'm working on.

Last edited:
No Title

These are the digital altimeter/variometer and anemometer installed in my ELA. They are 'MGL Avionics Stratomaster Velocity'. At first, being used to analog instruments' I didn't like the novelty. But they are much, much better... I am now a convert to digital instruments...

IMG_1257.jpg

Attachments

• photo128739.jpg
    photo128739.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 4
magknight;n1126560 said:
There’s nothing on the bezel that indicates the manufacturer. Here a couple of photos.

Those are indeed what I'm looking for, thanks. I was hoping the bezel print that was too blurry to read on videos would shed some light on the unit's origin...guess not.

If anyone has a picture of the back side of the units, perhaps there is some part numbers or manufacturer data. Any help would be appreciated from those that have the units installed.

I really want to see what else the manufacturer has to offer as I have many uses for instruments like these beyond just installing in the Calidus.

Sorry, I still have an issue with the forum reorienting my photos randomly. When I upload from my iPad. Looking at the back there’s nothing either. AutoGyro claims to have had these built for them, but would be surprised. I know Terri Rose can get you the details if you’re looking to buy them from AutoGyro.

magknight;n1126574 said:
AutoGyro claims to have had these built for them, but would be surprised.

Yeah..that's hooey. "Built" as in printed with their logo, sure. There is far too much development cost in building an instrument from scratch for just one vendor's product. It has to be out there somewhere.

The alternatives are interesting, but I'm really looking for this specific format - all electronic guts (no mechanical) with analog + digital readout.

Berkut13;n1126577 said:
I'm really looking for this specific format - all electronic guts (no mechanical) with analog + digital readout.

Kanardia are all electronic with analog and digital display, plus CAN bus output for other instruments.

Are you on the owners forum? Might ask there

No. Where is that? (provided you are not referring to the Auto-Gyro section here)

Last edited:
AutoGyro-owner.com

Berkut13;n1126583 said:
...except for the mechanical pointer...but I know what you mean.

The pionter is mechanical on the Kanardia. And very effective

You might want to take a look at these. I am having a very hard time getting analog non-TSOed flight instruments and have been thinking about considering these for our production. They are color and thus much easier to read.
http://www.mglavionics.com/html/vega_color_singles.html

Yeah, I'm familiar with MGL...they are not really what I'm looking for...the Kanardia products come close, however. The units on Magknight's Cavalon are a perfect fit if I can source them.

Last edited: