Electric fuel pumps

Rick E

Aircraft
Cavalon and an MTO Sport
Total Flight Time
Does anyone know the brand of electric fuel pump that Autogyro use as I know there is a filter inside the pump and I am just trying to find out how to remove it for cleaning?

$50 bucks a year for forum privileges!!

$50 bucks a year for forum privileges!!

Pierburg

I've created a forum full of answers like these, it's AutoGyro specific.
autogyroflyers.org

OUCH ... rotaxowners is enuff @ just $29

One way to keep out the rif-raf :rolleyes: ...I guess!!!~ :noidea:

Last edited:
If anyone is curious where the posts went that Cammie posted, I deleted them and sent her the following e-mail.

-------------------------
Hello Cammie,

I saw your posts today in regards to the fuel pump and deleted them.

You are more than welcome to create your own gyrocopter forum.

You are not welcome to advertise it on this forum.

I see you've been a member of the Rotary Wing Forum since 2013 and have obviously been using the forum as a resource for a few years to educate yourself and further your career.

At what point did you decide that you wanted to start s***ting on it?

Todd Powell

Geez. I didnt see where she was s****ting on this forum......she just mentioned AutoGyro specific information.....like as in the BRAND AutoGyro. Wow! I joined it cuz I have a Cavalon! Won't stop me from checking in here as I do daily.

Seems a little petty to me.....dang!

Barry (why can't we all get along?) K

De-ja-voo!!!

De-ja-voo!!!

Looks like anutha ChoppaGabor moment!!! :lol:

Seriously?????

Cammie has her obnoxious moments ..as do we all!! :wacko::flame:

But this seemed a little extreme ..... a link/signature is hardly :boom: delete-worthy advertising of a PAY-TO-JOIN ( & $50 buckeroos ..EVERY YEAR aint peanuts!!!) ...so it's catering to a tiny elite group of Autogyro owners ...absolutely NO threat to this wide open - PUBLIC Rotorcraft forum! :noidea:

:painkiller: ...or is there more to the story????? :eek:

I think banning the IP like you did mine! And I didn't even advertise..Just Called Dennis the Mennis a D_ckhead a few times. LOL Jus MHO.

I was just thinking the same thing as Paul people hear have advertised the PRA witch I joined. And paid to join. I wasn't able to read Cammies post just yours Tod. so can you tell me how's that different from Mrs Patch post and if it isn't will all the people that promote the PRA be treated in the same manner.

Sincerely Scott

The good & the bad of "QUOTE"

The good & the bad of "QUOTE"

I was just thinking the same thing as Paul people hear have advertised the PRA witch I joined. And paid to join. I wasn't able to read Cammies post just yours Tod. so can you tell me how's that different from Mrs Patch post and if it isn't will all the people that promote the PRA be treated in the same manner.

Sincerely Scott

When someone "quotes" a post ... & you have 2nd thoughts ..ARRRGGGHHH ...it's preserved for eternity ( or thread deletion!) :eek:hwell:

In my first post ( now #2) I quoted Cammies post ... & her "by-the-way" linking her new Autogyro-owners PAY-to-View forum ...so until Todd deletes my reply ( or likely the whole thread!) ...you can read the gist of her "advertising" comment.

I don't know Todd at all ... he lets this forum alone unless something way off pops up .....but something @ this time of year seems to get him a bit touchy ...same time of year that he & Gabor - locked horns several years ago ... same issue ...linking another rotorcraft forum within a post here... ( and more) - although the Wolverine issues that lead to the SkyW's were much more extreme & disruptive to the serious nature of this forum!
Anyway a bunch of us who like to let the inner juveniles out-to-play got to enjoy another sandbox - free speech option to discuss any subject in any manner & essentially "took some of the rif-raf &" trash-talk" away from here! :boink:

In Cammies corner on this one ... definitely seems over-reaction! BUT ...it IS Todd's forum & he is KING!!!!

UR:welcome:

In aviation there are a lot of forums. Most are about flying in general, some are about types of flying (such as backcountry), some are type specific such as the rotary forum, and some are brand specific such as the Cirrus Owners forum or the Columbia owners forums. They all have their places and functions. Some are free, some are paid. Forums are not cheap to set up and run, although most forums are run to generate profit through ads. There are many forum owners who make a living doing that.

I have been an active member of the Cirrus and Columbia owner’s forums for years now. They charge about $65/year IIRC for the membership, but the members don’t complain about that because it is such a small fraction of the cost of ownership of their aircraft, and very beneficial, since it can save them hours of research. Occasionally I see a flame, but for the most part these forums contain very helpful information. Statistics show that members of these groups have a significantly lower accident rate than non-member owners, and I attribute that to the availability of safety related information found on the forums, at least for the most part.

In the past three years I have been on a journey to learn as much as I can about gyroplanes, and of course the AutoGyro brand of gyroplane. It hasn’t been easy, but I have researched it extensively and have put together a good collection of information on safety, maintenance, training, and techniques. I could put all this information on my website, and it would serve a purpose to a point, but I consider the interaction and information sharing of other owners to be a very valuable part of the equation, and a forum format does a good job of that.

So, I may charge $50/year for a membership, but I also work hard to add content to this venue to make it very worthwhile for members. I don’t use ads to generate more revenue. The membership also keeps out spam, and can serve to deter negative posts to a certain degree. I’m not an advocate of censorship, but I won’t tolerate unnecessary bashing that I’ve seen occur on the Rotary Forum. TBH, I haven’t seen it occur much on other paid forums, so I think that will serve to filter out the majority of it.

Such a forum should have zero impact on the Rotary Forum. I intend for it to fill another need.

The AutoGyro brand is ripe for this new forum. AutoGyro is completely unassociated with the forum, just as Cirrus and Cessna are not associated with those respective forums. This is for the owners, pilots, and any potential owners who are doing their research. Don’t forget that AutoGyro produces more single-engine reciprocating aircraft than any other manufacturer in the world.

So, Todd, I apologize if you feel that I was being detrimental to your forum. That was not my intent at all. I was a bit shocked at the email that showed up in my inbox this morning, and I too wonder if there is something else going on there.

The Rotary Forum is what it is.

Rick,
Here is the info you requested . You can carefully remove the prefilter with good tweezers .
Do not leave it out ! A gasoline engine requires it . This is a PDF file http://contrails.free.fr/fichiers2/PG_SI_0080_EN_WEB.pdf

Y'all see how easy it is to give out Free info. :D

Thanks Rodney, that's exactly what I was after. Didn't mean to cause any drama, flying is meant to be for fun......isn't it.

Rodney, you cant just help folks for free, you have to charge for that. Fifty dollars should do.

Last edited:
I have a Pierburg pump on my 914 Rotax, 2011 year engine and pump, would anyone know what car it fits as I would like to order a spare pump from a part store and save some money, unless I know the car it fits, the part store can't help me.

Thanks in advance.

No problem Rick , I'm glad I could help and yes flying is meant to be for fun !
Scott , you know how we do !

I view this forum as a sort of gathering place. Unfortunatly sometimes things get a bit out of hand. Many people on this forum do not even fly or own an aircraft. But we all have a common interest. Cammie and I have an interesting dynamic. Sometimes I think we provide entertainment for you guys. Maybe we should charge for that!
Actually I think we agree on more things then many might think.

I have been an advocate for autogyro for many years. They are great machines. Because of this and the need for quality information I have made many videos using QT one of the first MTOs in the country. I decided not to charge for these even when I was asked to by the PRA. I just wanted people to get what they needed besides I get paid by YouTube any way. This is from the many thousands of views on my channel alaskanlimoguy. Over 500000 views.
Eitherway I would admonish people to get what they need so they can to fly safe paid for or not.
I am not sure what the diffrence is between refering someone to a paid site wheather it is your own or someone elses. Like Rotax has a paid site should we be banned for saying so?

I, too, think that deleting Cammie's post or threatening banning her is unwarranted. Cammie is, in my opoinion, a knowledgable and considerate poster who benefits this forum Whether she chooses to charge for information on her private forum or not is up to her. Unless she overdoes it with constantly advertising her forum and becoming obnoxious in that sense, I don't see any reason for critique.

On an aside: the comparison of Cammie's forum with PRA's forum is not en par because the PRA is a non-profit organisation and Cammie runs a flight school and dealership. However, as I said before, trying to make a living should not be held against her.

-- Chris.

Interesting to say the least, I can see both sides of the issue. The Rotary Forum is I think one of the best resources for rotorcraft information on the net. Also at times the worst. This is provided for free to use and I thank the owner for that. I have in the past made donations to the rotary forum. If Todd wants to delete posts, on his site.... It is his! There is an AG section available. I myself am more of a try before you buy kind of guy.
Now if Todd chooses to sell advertising to Cammie, that's their decision....

I think he was harsh, but making money on his back is rude...

, but making money on his back is rude...
We see CFI's posting their services etc here all the time, the classifieds etc.
Personally I think this is an absurd overreaction on Todd's behalf. Possibly I will be banned now. Will be contacting Cammie to find out more about her site.

Lost a fuel pump today

Lost a fuel pump today

914 - Want to order new ones ... & bugger-it some posts here were deleted ... I remember someone linked to a site selling Pierburg fuel pumps! :boink:

Where do I get fuel pumps & FAST ... Jim was getting a training chance this coming Mon -Tues!!! ????:help:

Anyone confirm that this is the correct fuel pump for 914!!! ... looks familiar to the link I remember!

http://www.amazon.com/Pierburg-W0133-1610609-APG-Fuel-Pump/dp/B001G63AUO

Lockwood wants $356 for pierburg pump pt # 7.21440.78.0 ....... appears to be same thing as this ...# 7.21440.51.0 ...any ideas????? .http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fuel-Pump-Pierburg-7-21440-51-0-/111940516872?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

Last edited: