Election Results

Doug Riley

Platinum Member
Ya can't please everybody. Especially if "everybody" is a bunch of ultra-individualistic eccentrics (which is what gyro pilots are).

Cats aren't sheep, but they are generally more fun to play with than sheep.

Rotornut

Platinum Member
Chuck Beaty Said / there would still be soreheads calling them crooks or worse.

Let's Hope Not Chuck those soreheads could of stepped up to the PLATE at anytime, instead of stepping OUT! MJ :)

PW_Plack

Aircraft
Sport Copter Vortex 582
Total Flight Time
FW: 200 Gyro: 51
Chuck,

PRA is built in such a way as to encourage soreheads and their conspiracy theories. Much power has been concentrated in the small circle of life members, and board activities have gone underreported in Rotorcraft. A little more daylight will be a big help.

Rusty has already posted here, and seems genuinely interested in turning this around. If the rest of the board is as communicative, and makes me feel less like I've joined the Bensen Owners Group of Indiana, I think they'll make progress against the cranks.

KenSandyEggo

Platinum Member
Aircraft
McCulloch J2
Total Flight Time
approx. 1400+
"If the rest of the board is as communicative, and makes me feel less like I've joined the Bensen Owners Group of Indiana, I think they'll make progress against the cranks."

That's a cranky statement if I ever heard one.

Heron

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Golden Butterfly
Total Flight Time
7.5 h.
What is that saying Birdy?
". . . turns me crank!" :D
Ken . . .is it possible that the malcontents will become contents and vice versa? :eek:
Heron

Dean_Dolph

Aircraft
None but enough kits in the garage to keep me busy the rest of my life!
Total Flight Time
Zilch!
I’m still wading thru what was posted while I was in Mentone and finally made it to this thread.

First, I would like to thank all those who voted for me in the BOD election and all the nice things that have been said here. I felt that the electorate was faced with some tough choices. But not everyone could be elected and the ones that were, bring a wealth of experience to the table. However, I was more than a little disappointed to hear that the voter turn out wasn’t any better than it has been. That means less than 15% of the members mailed in their ballot.

I’m very excited about the dynamic duo of Rusty and Greg at the helm and thankful that Gary and Dave stuck in there thru some tough times. I’m sure Gary can be relied on to still help where he can and Dave volunteering to continue to manage the 5209 training exemption means that frees up some other volunteer to take on another task.

And speaking of volunteers, we can also be thankful that Greg is taking on the task of coordinating the volunteer efforts. I volunteered for the Chapter Coordinator role primarily so volunteer Tim Blackwell would be free to concentrate on getting the PRA web site updated to where all of us would like to see it. I personally feel that the web site is the key to PRA growth and member benefits. I see everything else playing off the strength of the web site. I’m hoping that Tim, and any volunteers that step up to help him and John Alexander, can get this task completed in record time.

So, all of you out there that wish to help the organization, please step up now and let Greg know you are available to help where and when you can. It has been suggested that a task and ‘needs’ list be created so PRA members can identify where they might be able to help. If you know of a task or ‘need’ you would like placed on the list then let Greg know. It would be nice to see the list large enough that it has to be prioritized and even nicer to see so many volunteers that it doesn’t have to be prioritized. I’ve suggested that the BOD not stick a person, who makes a suggestion, with the task since that is a sure quick way of terminating input.

The PRA, and the reason for being, attracts innovative people with extraordinary skills and now is not the time to be modest. Let Greg and the rest of the membership know what you are capable of.

Again, thanks for your support in the election.

Hognose

Platinum Member
Aircraft
PA-28/J-3/various
Total Flight Time
Gyro - 2.5! FW, hundreds not thousands. Helo, 0 (some day!)
Doug Riley said:
Cats aren't sheep, but they are generally more fun to play with than sheep.
Not only that, but they're much less palatable when cooked. One or the other fact accounts for the continued survival of cats as a species.

cheers

-=K=-