EJ25 upgrade on SxS

Russ , I want POWER ! I will probably fly it with stock cams first then decide.

How is your project coming ? Pictures please !!!!!!!

Since I am hoping that this is the last time the 2.5 will be removed......I will start trimming up the motor.

I gotta get a themostat.....any preferences ? Maybe a FAIL-SAFE or Subaru ?

I need to install my oil filter adapter. I thought about pulling the oil pan,...but why ?

I will call the guy that sold me the pulley & get the names of others that are using one.
I would like to hear some more opinions. Then I can install the pulley.

Torque down the intake with the new gaskets etc , etc....

Don P. remember....I did not flip the intake , so I am not sure how far the wires will reach. I did not want to cut anything , I was just going to untape the bundle to see if everything reaches the sensors.

I'll take some pics today.

BTW.......I still need an exhaust. Check these out ...Thanks for the link Brandon.

http://www.aircraftexhaust.net/index.html

It wouldn't be a bad idea to pull of the sump. It's easy and cheap insurance for the time being. You can check some of the slop in the bearings, iron filings in the bottom of the pan, the bores, and piston slop, broken piston skirts etc. Maybe take of a bearing cap. Check the oil screen for blockage.
Enough reasons?

OK , alright .....It's a good time for that.

It doesn't look like it leaked but it might when I reinstall (Murphy's Law )

If it ain't broke don't fix it !

I probably will have a look-see in there....Thanks

What do you guys think of the shock tube mounts ? They were under the bed mount before. The tube bolt was trapped.
By moving them out, I can access the bolts, get a better angle for the shocks & I increased the functional length of the tubes.

I will probably have to shorten the tubes a bit.

They are under that 1/4" angle that I will bolt up a little better than they are now.

Before I cut off the extra length , I will see if I can use it to mount some things.

Make sure you use a new gasket and sealer. Don't use silicon if you are using a oxygen sencor. Loctite goop is good stuff. Also flatten the bolt holes in the sump, where they are bowed out.

Pics coming..........the "build" is done, now stripped down and everything at the painters / powder coaters etc etc.

Yea......it's been a long "build", but the wait will be worth it.
( painted a red color.........coz red goes faster:) )

Real keen to useing me Ivo inflite adjust prop with the HP of the Ej

cheers..........

Russ , I want POWER ! I will probably fly it with stock cams first then decide.

How is your project coming ? Pictures please !!!!!!!

POWER................requires MORE FUEL........more weight, more everything, does it not.

Then we toss in "reliability"........longevity etc etc.:yo:

POWER................requires MORE FUEL........more weight, more everything, does it not.

Then we toss in "reliability"........longevity etc etc.:yo:

Some folks are of the opinion that if some is good, then more must be better, and the most is best! Therefore too much is never enough!:wacko::eek::twitch::noidea::peace:

It's just a simple cam grind !!!! By changing the cam , carb , exhaust & heads on my Harley....I got the fuel mileage down about 50%.....I love it !

Russ, refresh YOUR thread, I can't wait to see what you have done.

My brother with a 2.5 & Autoflite gearbox !

Chris- Its going to be nice...... Keep up the good work. You are all right..I dont care what rat thinks!

Stan

You yanks can't help stop yourselves from raising the grunt out of your engines.
bet you've even got ya lawn mowers running on racing fuels or sumin. Even your whipper snippers:):)

Saw a youtube thingo recently [ sent to me ] of one of your country men bolting a bleedin great V8 engine onto a chainsaw....growled through a bleedin great log in about 2.5 seconds...........unreal.

You guys got way to much time on your hands..........:peace:

Well , even with the rain, I plan to work on my machines this weekend.

I got the motor mount rails & strap back from the machine shop last night.

My Spuce order came already! I have lots to do but mostly will be finishing up the single place.

I will post pics of the rails.

Rails with new backstrap installed. This doubled the strength against the rail end flexing when the prerotator is applied.

I also dropped the motor back on. It's easier to move around !

I drove home in the worst hail storm I have ever seen !

No problem, I was in my Subaru !

I have a remote oil filter adapter & I have to figure out a way to have it get tight with the in & out fittings pointing in the right direction.(away from the motor)

Any Ideas ? It has an O-ring seal. It has 2 choices ....out the bottom (which I can't use ) or out the side. But I need them to point out.

I could try to get another 1/2 a turn but I don't think it will make it .

I'll take some pics.

Attachments

• IM000696.jpg
    IM000696.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 2
  • IM000697.jpg
    IM000697.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 2
I was just thinking. Is there something you can clamp around an oil filter like a heatsink, to help cool down the oil?

If I understand correctly,you need a quarter turn.Would a verry thin washer of thickness equal to 1/4 the thread pitch of the filter work ? would it interfere with the o-ring ?

I took a look & some pics today...It may not be so bad after all. Thanks for the suggestion, I will get back to this soon.

Rails with new backstrap installed. This doubled the strength against the rail end flexing when the prerotator is applied.

I also dropped the motor back on. It's easier to move around !

I drove home in the worst hail storm I have ever seen !

No problem, I was in my Subaru !

I have a remote oil filter adapter & I have to figure out a way to have it get tight with the in & out fittings pointing in the right direction.(away from the motor)

Any Ideas ? It has an O-ring seal. It has 2 choices ....out the bottom (which I can't use ) or out the side. But I need them to point out.

I could try to get another 1/2 a turn but I don't think it will make it .

I'll take some pics.

Depending on the engine mount sometimes one has to move the oil filter away and this is a good idea as you can add an oil cooler at the same time. If you add an oil cooler best is the get a turbo water pump (moving the same amount of water but a further distance) has a bigger impeller and an extra outlet for the oil cooler. If you are interested in more details let me know, in the mean time posted some doctored pictures to get you some idea.

raton

Ps: if you are using a remote air oil cooler would be very advisable to change your pump oil gears from 10m/m to 12m/m

Last edited:
Raton, I like the adapter that you have pictured on the motor......point the outlets the way you want them & then tighten the bolt.(who's is it?) Crap.....I think I found it ! $$$$$ http://www.jegs.com/p/Moroso/1160111/10002/-1

The one that I am using spins on.....& hope they point the right direction. I will have to figure a way to index it. http://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS/1032933/10002/-1

It came with hose barb fittings & rubber hose. I am not opposed to spending some money on better fittings & hose but I am not sure which to get....there are alot of choices.

I got a Fram filter for starters & a K&N filter for later....they're huge ! I'd like to adapt the stock filter in a remote location.

BTW.....I like how CLEAN that engine is !

I got rid of the oil/water cooler that came with the engine(like the one you have pictured)

Last edited:
Raton, I like the adapter that you have pictured on the motor......point the outlets the way you want them & then tighten the bolt.(who's is it?) Crap.....I think I found it ! $$$$$ http://www.jegs.com/p/Moroso/1160111/10002/-1

The one that I am using spins on.....& hope they point the right direction. I will have to figure a way to index it. http://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS/1032933/10002/-1

It came with hose barb fittings & rubber hose. I am not opposed to spending some money on better fittings & hose but I am not sure which to get....there are alot of choices.

I got a Fram filter for starters & a K&N filter for later....they're huge ! I'd like to adapt the stock filter in a remote location.

BTW.....I like how CLEAN that engine is !

I got rid of the oil/water cooler that came with the engine(like the one you have pictured)

The filter adapter is a copy of the Moroso made in China made from billet aluminum, while the Jegs is only cast aluminum, not very nice finished , the Moroso cost AU$ 160.00 the Chinese is only AU$25.00, the oil hoses with take up 3000 PSI dint see any point going SS braided, let alone the cost. The adapter on the filter site is available on the US market and will take your oil cooler and the filter too, the one depicted is a copy made from billet aluminum too and made in China . The oil cooler is the same one you have in your existing engine, made all in SS very effective to lower your oil temperature on the engine and reduction box. I don’t know about the Fram filters, do they have a oil retention valve..? Some of the aftermarket filters don’t have it and takes some time to build up the oil pleasure, personally prefer the OM filter comparing with some of the exotics available. The new looks on the engine is due to being acid cleaned before one starts with the conversion, this let you inspect the crankcase for possible carks, clean the water jackets and replace all the internals.

raton

Last edited: