Why do you remove the pictures ?

Last edited:

earthbnd misfit

Biggles
Aircraft
Paramotor. 30m2 wing, had benson gyro
Total Flight Time
100 hrs
If you have oil pressure through those hose, it would be safer to have worm clamps. Are those hoses braided?

CLS447

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Air Command 503 & Air Command SxS /EJ2.5
Total Flight Time
Aprox 400 gyro
Which hose are you refering to ?

I would like to get some aircraft hose & fittings for the job. Spruce has many to choose from.
I had a hard time finding a good example from their website, but if you look in their catalog you will see what I mean.

I am thinking like something from the Aeroquip line.

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/hapages/aeroquip8791.php

So many hose types & fittings !

earthbnd misfit

Biggles
Aircraft
Paramotor. 30m2 wing, had benson gyro
Total Flight Time
100 hrs
The oil hoses that go to the oil cooler. I can't remember the hoses that rat showed, i can't get the pictures back again. Rat mentioned 3000 psi hose, which is braided, really stiff, and used for hydraulics only, and uses compression fittings. A bit drastic for oil hose. Its never going to get above 100 psi. I know of the traditional oil cooler. But i was thinking something simpler, then running hoses etc, by clamping a heat sink around the oil filter. Using a heat exchanger is simple too, running water through the base of the filter.

raton

Banned
Where do I find the chinese copy ?

Why do you remove the pictures ?

The Chinese copy of the remote oil filter and the oil filter base is sold to US suppliers and they bang up the price, you can contact them directly via email (see your private box) as he can’t sell it wholesale, send the equivalent to 180RMB in USD (26.33 USD) you get the adapter and the filter holder and all the fittings, wrap around clamps and 1mt of 300 PSI hose. If more hose needed you can source form any hydraulic shop in your neck of the woods. Besides, they are all made in China... It takes two weeks delivery.

Like mentioned before the oil hose will take up to 300 PSI and is very malleable, (see pic) I dint see any reasons to expend for aero fittings and braided hoses, they are very expensive and won’t make any difference as there is less than 100PSI going through the hoses. Use the wrap around claps and a drop of Locktite on the bolts.

Trying to correct some spelling mistakes took of the pics by mistake. Back on now

raton

CLS447

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Aprox 400 gyro
I got back to work on the SxS yesterday ! Mounting fuel pumps & removed engine for trim up.

CLS447

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Aprox 400 gyro
Things are coming together & I am starting to get the bug again. Building is fun !

I will post some pics soon.

CLS447

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Aprox 400 gyro
Back at the redrive again!

CLS447

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Aprox 400 gyro
Here is the 2.5 sitting on it's new mounts.

Also the new pulley from Tech Welding. Sweeeeeeeeeet !
This post was in 2008 ! Time sure flies !

CLS447

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Aprox 400 gyro
Well, if that wasn't the nicest call I've had in a while !

Neil Hintz, the maker of the famous Autoflight gearbox, just called from New Zealand just to see how things were going for me.

Always an interesting man to speak with! Now I have got to get to the garage & get going on this machine !
These are the little things that are holdin up the show !

Neil, what is up with that tiny little breather ? I have to make it fit behind my drum.

Today was the last time I am going to look at that little overflow bottle & try to come up with a way to mount it to the bellhousing.....unless you like to just smear some silicone on it & a couple of wire ties !

I snagged my bottle & mount from my EA81 & got it mounted using the same plate I made before.

I like the way the socket head bolts are recessed, But it offers a challenge for mounting things. Luckily I had some washers that fit right in the recess to make a flush surface for mounting.

Attachments