EJ22 Question

GyroChuck

Gyro's are more fun
Aircraft
SnoBird Tandem Gyro, Robinson R-22, Mosquito XE-285, Assorted Fixed Wing
Total Flight Time
My Subaru 2.2 is getting a little tired. Not sure whether to find a place to rebuild or get a crate rebuild.

The first question I have is the bolt pattern on the engine for the reducer.

Some of the crate engines I see are called EJ22E. I need to know if the bolt pattern is the same and number of bolt holes the same for both types of engines. I have a gear type reducer that bolts on the back of the engine.

Second question. Where is a good source for a Subaru Ej22 crate engine.

At this point I am not interested in another type of engine and having to reinvent engine mounts, cooling, exhaust and reducer.

Chuck Roberg,

its me Samuel from Uganda, i have ej20 on my gyro, the ej engine series, bolt pattern is always the same in the short block ...
but the cylinder heads , tend to be deferent with the models .

EJ 22 ENGINES are rare now days, if i were you , i would overhaul that one,

regards

Samuel, Thanks for the reply

Is there any good information on building the EJ 2.2 AND 2.5 engines for aircraft use. Also, looking for any information on Subaru engines in
general.

Is there any good information on building the EJ 2.2 AND 2.5 engines for aircraft use. Also, looking for any information on Subaru engines in
general.
subaru ej series engine are heavy !!! especially the newer ej series but if you are lucky to get the one with smaller heads , good ...

but you can use the blocks and use those smaller heads, otherwise the ej 2.2 liter if you can get, better

best luck