Ebay Gyro for sale

dcarr4321

Dan Carr
Aircraft
helo & fixedwing
Total Flight Time
Ebay gyro for sale:

As listed on Ebay: "Beutifull Vancraft Gyro Copter with two seats Item number: 2474447157"

I am a want-a-bee gyro pilot with 5 hours dual instruction time. This is an older machine so;
1. Is it a center line thrust and
2. The vertical and horizontal stabilizers seem to be very close to the mast is this a stability concern.
3. It appears to be a machine for the very experienced pilot. What are you’re thoughts on this.

I don't see that thing flying with that engine period. Call Sportcopter and talk to Jim and ask him about it.

Performance would be very limited. Chuck Vanek did successfully fly his machines with two aboard, using a 2180cc VW, and one of those people aboard was Chuck, who's not a small guy. The Vancraft's second seat was somewhat of an afterthought, mounted almost on the floor, suitable for kids or small adults who don't mind the awkward seating position. This design hasn't been sold new in almost 20 years.

A guy in my area had one much closer to flying condition, with an old Rotax 503, which he sold for about $1500 last year.

I would definitely call Jim and ask him about this particular machine. He may know its history.

Last edited:
that is a 1835 cc Vw. Those engines have trouble with a lightweight single place much less a two placer! I give this gyro a thumbs down ;)