Early 1990s AS18 and Farrington brochures

SpyderMike

Aircraft
Cirrus SR22, Rans S-16
Total Flight Time
500+
I found this while I was moving to a new house...I am pegging them around the early 1990s as that is when I was flying my Bensen and I found a AS18A near El Mirage that I was interested in.

Attachments

Gyrogarry

I found this while I was moving to a new house...I am pegging them around the early 1990s as that is when I was flying my Bensen and I found a AS18A near El Mirage that I was interested in.
Nice trip down memory lane. I worked for Don Farrington as an A&P, IA and flew with John Potter in 1993. Got both my commercial Gyroplane and Helicopter ratings while employed there.

Built two 18A's for export to South Africa for two of the scariest white, blond Arions I've ever encountered. Always wore sport jackets, despite near 100 degrees and 100% humidity with a buldge under an arm pit.

The 18A flew like a wore out old pickup truck, under powered and marginal jump takeoff when the humidity was high but it was a hoot. Cruising along at 85 mph with the door open, not going anywhere fast, but what the hell, it was rotorwing flying.

Gyro Garry

WaspAir

Supreme Allied Gyro CFI
Aircraft
Bell 47G-3B-1 / A&S 18A / Phoebus C, etc.
Total Flight Time
stopped caring at 1000
Nice memories - thanks!

bryancobb

Aircraft
Owned Brantly B-2b/Fly Kitfox III/Mini-500b
Total Flight Time
Did you have to do anything special to upload PDF's?