Earlier Oshkosh, Earlier Mentone?

PW_Plack

EAA has announced a new format for choosing the dates for AirVenture. Starting in 2015, the event will be timed to end on the last Sunday in July.

If the PRA convention continued its recent practice of scheduling the week after Oshkosh, this would mean 2014 will be the last time we're pushed into ending the Mentone event on the second Saturday in August. Here's the EAA story, and comments on the reasoning behind the change:

http://www.airventure.org/news/2014/130829_airventure-dates-set-through-2020.html

themonarch

Aircraft
'06 Monarch 582. 150 hrs. tt. Purchased from the builder. Please see my aircraft on Craigslist.org.
Total Flight Time
46 hrs tt. 36 hrs CFI. The additional 10 with accomplished privates. Snuck in an optional solo.
maintain course

maintain course

My initial thought is to continue to hold Mentone the week following Oshkosh. This will be our programs best attempt at continuity. "Mentone Follows Oshkosh". This has been our most popular decision to date. So pay attention to the calendar, and "If I really want to make Mentone", have a heads up. I know I will.