Eagle R&D Contact

Hey Alan, your friend which way is he leaning Mosquito xet or helicycle and why, you can jump in Stan if you like, did you look at both? reason is being looking at these two and or putting a turbine in a CH-7B not sure which way to go.

Brett.

Turbines for the Mosquito XET are also in short supply with one available at the moment, and then there's the issue of having to fly between airports that have jet fuel.

Currently my friend is leaning heavily toward the Mosquito XE3 with the three cylinder MZ, it appears to be the best compromise at the moment but that could change if the rotary engine installation the factory is working on is successful.

The Mosquito's excellent autorotation capabilities are also a deciding factor.

The Mosquito's excellent autorotation capabilities are also a deciding factor.

It shore does, have being looking at that on the tube.
seen Stan's unscheduled auto and it went ok too.

I know a guy with a couple engines T62-2a's and a -16b, if your friend needs one.

Hobby, I guess the kerosine just get in your blood, and there's nothing wrong with the CH-7b with the 912, looks like a great machine, its just the turbine thing I guess.
no I don't know where that machine is operating, but do hope to get up to Caboolture soon to have a look.

brett.

Both the Mosquito and the Helicycle have ample rotor energy for doing autos. I have witnessed the Mosquito doing hover autos from 12 feet and have read they will do them from 20 ft . Very impressed I was to watch John Snyder masterfully do these. I would love to see a master like him with his much lighter pilot weight, see what he could do with a Helicycle. When you watch my flameout video, I was in the HV curve, only 150 feet up at 40 mph. It was falling like a possum jumping off a hayloft and I simply had no other option but do a no flare run on landing, and just had to pull all the collective I had the last 2 seconds. I do not know what my descent rate was as my eyeballs were outside the cabin, but you can agree that I was falling very fast. I was impressed with the available rotor energy that made my touchdown successful and I flew it home. Bottom line, both from witnessing a Mosquito perform autos, and experiencing my own in my Helicycle, BOTH have superb autorotation characteristics. Stan

Last edited:
Dumb question, but is the engine stock in the US already dried up?

I had to put off my Helicycle dreams for a couple of years due to a job change, but I hope there will still be kits readily available when I can afford it again...

Maybe you experienced guys can help with this related question. I'm discussing purchase of an unfinished older gen kit with it's owner. I am interested in some of, if not all of the updates from later versions. Actually, the purchase is contingent on the ability to upgrade to some of them so my inability to reach them is a problem. I too called Eagle 1 time on Monday for 3 weeks. Stans opinion can't be argued but being a business owner and getting the dreaded "price quote" call daily, I can understand how they must operate. It is definitely a nuisance and time killer. (I do however stop what I'm doing and attend to the potential customer as my business depends on it). That being said, my business and Eagle are 2 different animals. My problem is this. I'd like to buy a kit, now. Right now. I have cash in my hand. Since I failed to get any communication from Eagle I decided to buy a flying ship but I'd prefer to build it. (That is solely due to you guys on this forum. I'd have immediately looked to a competitor based on the lack of service on any and every other purchase. This is the only exception thus far). So, I've been looking for a kit WITH the turbine included. I've found one but I need to know that the parts can be obtained. Again, I have cash to pay for them. With the lack of information on the website I don't even know what options are available to buy. How would I contact them to purchase items when I can't get a return call? To be clear, a new order from Eagle is no longer the question but I'd like to purchase parts for the kit I inevitably acquire. Thanks, Aaron

P1010573.jpg

these helos are better to look at when they are in your hangar. by far the lowest maintenance aircraft around. had great service from blake too. :wave:

Thanks for the reply Turbo. That's a fact and I'm looking for it as we speak. I'm guessing Eagle can be reached once I'm an owner then. That works. I don't need to talk I just need to order and pay. Does anyone know the status of the new engine mount retrofit? From what I gather, that's the "most important" of upgrades to an earlier group. I intend to purchase the newer rotor head upgrade as well and any other offering benefits that outweigh the cost. This is all assuming I don't find a newer kit including those items.