Ea-81 and 100LL

Mike Hook

Aircraft
Dominator
Question, Is anyone running 100LL in a ea-81 with a carb. I would like to have the ability to fuel up at other airports and not mix fuel as in a 2 stroke, or to oxygen sensor problems as in fuel injection.

Thanks,
Mike

Well Mike I have the Dual carb EA 81. I have been running regulasr for two years. I did just start using mid grade. Really cant tell any differance.
I really dont think it would hurt to mix it with the car gas. or maybe a tank every now and then. Harry

Some people with Soobs that ran 100LL consistently have had serious valve damage after awhile. There's also an additive to scavenge the lead from gas. Can't think of the name right now, but you should probably carry it with if you run a tank of 100LL.

Kenny !!!!! What's happening in Charlotte these days ??

Thanks,
I have a project with a Hirth on it an want to go 4 Stroke. I would only use 100LL when I had to. Cost of fuel at KUNI is over 5 a gallon but here on the farm unleaded is 3.65 a gallon.
If anyone has a ea-81 out there than wants to sell give me a pm.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike

I have a 2.2 Sooby carb that I mainly use mogas in but from time to time I have mixed avgas with it. Other than my engine running a little cooler I haven't noticed a problem. I also have a 2180 Veedub air-cooled in my plane that I use 100LL in
Most of the time to keep it cooler running also.. I have been told that I should keep a check on my compression in that engine. When I lose compression I will need to do a valve job on it. I do know the Fbos willbe getting no lead soon and this will be a mute point then.