Dublin, TX - 3rd Annual Gyroplane Fly-in! Saturday, 3/14 2020

HuskerRed

I noticed this fly-in, because I have been looking to attend an event and just happen to be in Dallas for a convention. https://www.pra.org/ has a calendar of events at the bottom, but it shows it's on the 16th and the link here, https://www.pra.org/default.aspx?p=FlyInStPatrickDay points to an old page about the 2018 event. I do plan on calling the Dublin airport to get more information but I thought I would find out if anyone on the forum is planning on attending. More specifically I am looking to schedule a pre-training flight if possible and view as many gyroplanes as possible. I would love to make Bensen Days but I am just not sure I can make it happen.

Thanks in advance from a Nebraska newbie.
Rodney

Smack

Re-member?
Aircraft
Kitfox IV / F1 Rocket / Magni M-16 / Beech 18
Total Flight Time
500+
Tom, I would like to see the event listing, but since I will not create a Facebook account, it doesn't allow such.
Is it also listed elsewhere?
Brian

GyrOZprey

Aussie in Kansas.
Aircraft
Butterfly Aurora N5560Z / Titanium Explorer N456TE & N488TE/ - trained in MTOsport 446QT/488FB
Total Flight Time
I plan to be there (finally!) ....after year 1 & 2 ... got derailed! ....a nice prelim-event...en-route to Bensen Days!

dunc

RAF/Sparrowhawk/SC 2.5 FI
Aircraft
1967 Turbo/RSTOL/VG Cessna 185 Skywagon, 1946 Grumman TBM Avenger
Total Flight Time
I am considering this as well. I was already planning to tow gyro into Big Bend area, and meet my brother with his RV, and who happens to have a March 17 birthday. Questions: Historically, how may gyros are expected, hangars available, local events, outdoor things to do (hiking, biking, etc.), RV parking, dog friendly????

Attachments

Sv.grainne

My first trip to Dublin will be for this year's FlyIn so not familiar with the town. Just a short drive East is a great wildlife center, Fossil Rim. Worth a visit in my opinion.

Can also share info on a great spot to visit off the beaten path at Big Bend.

Last edited:

shootthrees

Tom Duncan
Aircraft
Tango 2
Total Flight Time
170 Ultralight FW, 116 Gyro, 15 GA
I am considering this as well. I was already planning to tow gyro into Big Bend area, and meet my brother with his RV, and who happens to have a March 17 birthday. Questions: Historically, how may gyros are expected, hangars available, local events, outdoor things to do (hiking, biking, etc.), RV parking, dog friendly????
1580834535999.png

shootthrees

Tom Duncan
Aircraft
Tango 2
Total Flight Time
I posted this after the first event: What a great event! Thanks to Brad Stanford, Lucky McBeard, Brandynn Stanford and the Dublin community we had a very successful fly-in with over 40 pilots (both gyroplane and fixed wing ). Craig McPherson not only helped in getting the event planned, he invited many of his former student pilots, who brought their Autogyro USA machines and he provided a gyro 101 seminar and introductory flights on both days. This will definitely be an annual event!

shootthrees

Tom Duncan
Aircraft
Tango 2
Total Flight Time
There is some hangar space available, jut contact Brad at the airport 254-445-4404