Dublin Texas light sport fly-in 10 October 2020

Rainman

Aircraft
Mooney M20K, AutoGyro Calidus
I just saw a notice that there will be a light sport fly-in at 9F0 in a couple of days. Covid cancelled the gyro fly-in on St Patrick’s Day, so a group of gyros from Taylor and Temple will be going to the fly-in at the Dublin Airport on 10 October 2020. The 9F0 website lists details on their events and the airport. Gyrotrips.com alerted me to this event. Ray

Rainman

Aircraft
Mooney M20K, AutoGyro Calidus
Bobby, Most of the activities I’m aware of are centered on the groups in Taylor, Blum, and Burnett. The gyrotrips.com website tends to focus on travel/food/pilots/general gyro info. Check it out. We’ve had some fun gyro trips with good food and good flying. We had eleven gyros on the trip to Llano for BBQ. Good, helpful people who do a bunch of flying and training. I get the feeling, that there is more building going on with the Anahuac group, but I have never been there. There are currently two Calidus gyros at Boerne, and we practice formation flying regularly. Paul Erb was the chapter 65 point man in the past. I hope that helps. Dayton Dabbs at Lone Star Magni Gyro (Taylor) was my instructor and he has been very helpful when I’ve had questions and problems. I think you have also got an EAA group near you perhaps in Comfort? Ray

Eric S

Aircraft
Sport Copter Vortex & AAI (Sparrowhawk) RAF
See you guys there on Sat. am. I signed up for Dayton's website to get these notifications too.

Eric

Sv.grainne

Ray:

Thanks for the feedback. I contacted Dayton looking for a DAR in the area but haven't heard back from him. I'm going to miss Dublin unfortunately as will be training but hoping to get together with others in the area.

I'm going to do my transition training in Anahuac but a 4.5 hr drive on a good day!

Bobby