Drill Jigs

Haven't used mine since the Hornet but still keep it.

Last edited:
Jake,

Dennis has sorta disappeared. Was keeping in touch with email and sent him some 2x2x.125 and 2x2x.1875 so he could make sure jigs were correct. He was working at finishing up other work and then waiting on reamers. Then nothing. Anyone else capable of building the jigs?

I guess I could build them on demand
I guess we cold use your thread as an order sheet
Singles only, 1/4" and 3/16"
$150 each
$10 shipping
Paypal only

I thought I was gonna be able to build more drill Jigs, but I am physically not capable. Cancer is kickin my Butt
I know there are over 100 of theses jigs floating around out there, some are singles which are all aluminum some are steel and are all doubles and there are some doubles that are all aluminum.
It would be appreciated if someone would reproduce this product, sell or rent the ones they have to forum members in need .
https://www.rotaryforum.com/members/viper22.622/ Viper22 is in need, others have made request but should confirm them.

Thanks Jake

I may have access to one, will see if I can borrow it and make some copies.
Any questions please ask.
I expect nothing in return except letting others build it if it doesn't work out.
Hope you become a success I built quite a few and GAVE many to clubs for free and none step up

Any questions please ask.
I expect nothing in return except letting others build it if it doesn't work out.
Hope you become a success I built quite a few and GAVE many to clubs for free and none step up
Will do and thanks!

Jake: What do you mean "none step up"?
Seems pretty simple , I gave some PRA clubs a free jig to share with the members, about ten years ago which never happened. I definitely remember giving one to the Ken Brock chapter. I made sure it was shipped to make the fly in. I also gave one to Scott Essex, I also gave one to the Georgia Peach state. Seems as a Man in your position and importance would know these things
I can't remember much from back then myself, chemo and radiation has taken a chunk outta my ass

Sv.grainne

No I have no documentation built just knowing the clearance needed to work properly.
Seems like all these smart guys some could figure it out

Seems pretty simple , I gave some PRA clubs a free jig to share with the members, about ten years ago which never happened. I definitely remember giving one to the Ken Brock chapter. I made sure it was shipped to make the fly in. I also gave one to Scott Essex, I also gave one to the Georgia Peach state. Seems as a Man in your position and importance would know these things
I can't remember much from back then myself, chemo and radiation has taken a chunk outta my ass
Jake: I have no importance nor position, as you imagine. Nor do I imagine that I do.

I also haven't heard of anyone who knew all the chapters/individuals you gave your jigs to & thought they'd be able to force those groups to account for what they did w/ them.

My question of what you meant was because what you wrote ("none step up") did not make sense to me. I asked what you meant because it was clear as muddy water to me.

Possibly you meant "none stepped up"...
If so, stepped up to do what?
Share the jig w/ the members? (Only after you responded did you present that idea).
Have all those clubs that got free jigs reported back to you as to what they did w/ them?
You said "which never happened", as if you know exactly what each of the clubs/individuals did w/ the jigs?

How you able able to know all this w/ 100% certainly is beyond my comprehension...

I bought one of your double jigs from you, in case you didn't remember.
Yet to use it, but plan to in the future. Each time I spot it in my toolbox, I pick it up & marvel @ your design. It also feels good in the hand!

I have seen many requests for a drill jig and no one seems to have one to help out a member.
I am not here to clear your ignorance I was just trying to help out members.
Why question beyond understanding.
Before I left I wanted to share the wireless rotor tach , Wireless PTT and the drill jig, I'm sure there are a few drug addled geniuses left to pick up where I left off
I no longer have anything to offer this forum and its members

I may have access to one, will see if I can borrow it and make some copies.
Sv are you a machinist? Could you take one and make drawings get the tolerances etc. Or start making then? There probably isn't a large market these days as very few are building from aluminum rectangular tube. Here are some pictures. By putting a drill in the bearings and using feeler gauges to measure the distance from the edge of the bit to the edge of the lip that would contact the edge of the aluminum tube I get 0.143 inches. Take 1/8 in from that (tube wall thickness) and it seems the clearance is 0.018 in or just over one sixty fourths inch.
You would have to do the math depending on bearing type used to get the center drill position. Here are some pics of my drill gauge from Jake.

Attachments

• 2022 drill jug 001.JPG
    2022 drill jug 001.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 2022 drill jug 002.JPG
    2022 drill jug 002.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 2022 drill jug 003.JPG
    2022 drill jug 003.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 19
  • 2022 drill jug 004.JPG
    2022 drill jug 004.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 2022 drill jug 005.JPG
    2022 drill jug 005.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 20
A couple more pics. The right side of the gauge (with the bolts) is just a clamp to hold the tube. It actually has 3 layers. Steel plate on the outside, a plastic plate next and a thin piece of white tape.

Attachments

• 2022 drill gauge 2 002.JPG
    2022 drill gauge 2 002.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 2022 drill gauge 2 001.JPG
    2022 drill gauge 2 001.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 18
I have seen many requests for a drill jig and no one seems to have one to help out a member.
I am not here to clear your ignorance I was just trying to help out members.
Why question beyond understanding.
Before I left I wanted to share the wireless rotor tach , Wireless PTT and the drill jig, I'm sure there are a few drug addled geniuses left to pick up where I left off
I no longer have anything to offer this forum and its members
Jake your contributions to the gyro community are immense. Thank you very much.

The center of the bolt is .28125 or 9/32nds from the clamping wall for the 1/4" bore
The 3/16ths bore is 15509 from clamping wall