Drill Jigs

gyrojake

Gyro Rehab Candidate
Aircraft
Gyroplanes
Total Flight Time
A few hours
The plastic built into the jig is there to stop you from denting and scratching the tubing while snugging it up.

giro5

Aircraft
prev- citabria,AA1b, fun racer
Total Flight Time
400 GA, 50 trike
Thanks for the video. I did not know about using a separate clamp but I had built my kb2 before getting the jug so in reality I haven't used it.. The video had to be from happier times in you life

Sv.grainne

Aircraft
Aviomania, G1sB Genesis
Sv are you a machinist? Could you take one and make drawings get the tolerances etc. Or start making then? There probably isn't a large market these days as very few are building from aluminum rectangular tube. Here are some pictures. By putting a drill in the bearings and using feeler gauges to measure the distance from the edge of the bit to the edge of the lip that would contact the edge of the aluminum tube I get 0.143 inches. Take 1/8 in from that (tube wall thickness) and it seems the clearance is 0.018 in or just over one sixty fourths inch.
You would have to do the math depending on bearing type used to get the center drill position. Here are some pics of my drill gauge from Jake.
This is way beyond what I can do here. Thanks for the clarification!

Bobby