Dragon Wing Rotors

Ernie_B

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Dominators
Total Flight Time
7K +
As most of you know I (Ernie "Boyette) sold the right's to making Dragon wings rotors to a company called Luminati aerospace, which was/is owned by a person named Daniel Preston.
The reason for this post into inform all gyro and some helicopter people that this man is NOT to be trusted !
He DOES NOT have the technical ability to build blades OR the integrity to honor a contract . He is a person that will take your money and NOT deliver a flyable product! YOU ARE WARNED!!!!

This guy seems like just another "moller air car" type scammer.

Doesn't look good for Luminati, they've defaulted on a 10 million dollar loan

"Facing eviction from the space it has been leasing at the Enterprise Park at Calverton, Luminati Aerospace has agreed to leave the former Grumman Plant 6, its attorney said Wednesday.

The company, which is a partner in a group looking to buy the remaining buildable acreage at EPCAL, was scheduled to appear in Riverhead Justice Court in relation to an eviction action filed by Laoudis of Calverton, which owns the facility where Luminati has been based since 2015.

Attorney Jonathan Brown said before the court appearance Wednesday that Luminati has agreed to a surrender agreement in which they will move out of Plant 6.

The news comes days after it was learned Luminati is being taken to court by Hexcel Corporation, which said the company has defaulted on a $10 million loan from 2016.

Luminati Aerospace is owned by Daniel Preston, and owns 25 percent of Calverton Aviation & Technology, the company in contract to buy 1,643 acres of land at EPCAL from Riverhead Town for $40 million. Triple Five Group, which is best known for developing large shopping malls like the Mall of America in Minnesota, owns the other 75 percent of CAT.

The 1,643 acres are currently vacant and are not involved in Hexcel’s lawsuit against Luminati."

Any comments on the information in this recent thread, are Dragonwings back in production or something else?

Thanks for the post Ben and Alan, I am a little confused by Ernies comment that Daniel Preston cannot be trusted? Then why would he sell his blade company to him? Ernie was always a stand up guy. It's to bad he could not find a reputable buyer.

Last edited:
Yes, it’s confusing as Ernie was trying to sell the blade business back in April, as in this thread.

It makes me wonder if the involved are making legitimate Dragonwings or a copy, that’s why I posted to this thread with the hope Ernie would see it and clarify.

Thanks again for posting Ernie's old post, I would like to be optimistic and hope maybe there is a chance Luminati may have turned the corner and is on the up and up but it doesn't sound like it from Bens post. I must say after talking to Daniel I was excited for our gyro community that we might have another rotor blade manufacturer, he seemed very genuine and sincere. Soo much for optimism.

Fly Safe,

Chase

I bypassed all this drama and bought SportRotors from Sportcopter for my Dominator. They are a little higher but they are smooth as silk and so precise they don't have to be strung. I can't see going with anything else personally. Just my 2 cents.

For those that are asking about Daniel Preston he is a dishonest person that will NOT honor a contract! He is a very accomplished confidence man, very charming, but, a complete fake! Take time to google him. ALL of him . He has made a career of spending other people’s money. And NOT honoring contracts. He DOES NOT possess the knowledge to build rotor blades , nor does PEMS! You will loose your money if you order from him ,and possibly your life if you actually get a set of rotor blades. You have been warned

The principal Peter Stone at PEMS tooling had the occasion to observe Moses Ramos my shop foreman build 11 sets of rotor blades simply from observation he has now become an expert . This is the manner in which Daniel Preston operates he has also conned Peter into believing he is a manufacturer ,While Peter seems to be an honest person there is no possible way you can manufacture rotor blades after observing at short intervals a person building 11 sets ,it takes years to learn all the nuances they keep people alive and rotor blades from coming apart! For those that think this is petty, I Am bitter, I fell prey to this mans charm/ BS story to the tune of hundred of thousands of dollars! Nuff said!

Hi Ernie,

so sorry to see your wonderful heritage being abused and destroyed by some con-man. I hope you will recover your financials and can enjoy retirement.

Kai.

Guido has been considered, but fate is a mean Bitch and I believe will visit Daniel in a very special way ! Thanks to all for their concern!

The only hope now is that Ernie takes over, form some hands for this job and let it move on!
What a mess, I'm very sorry to hear this!

I enquired about 23ft rotors. They replied asking if that length was both blades or one. I decided then not to go any further.
As most of you know I (Ernie "Boyette) sold the right's to making Dragon wings rotors to a company called Luminati aerospace, which was/is owned by a person named Daniel Preston.
The reason for this post into inform all gyro and some helicopter people that this man is NOT to be trusted !
He DOES NOT have the technical ability to build blades OR the integrity to honor a contract . He is a person that will take your money and NOT deliver a flyable product! YOU ARE WARNED!!!!
I tired to buy these blades at first and got no where with the new company so bought sport copter blades instead, and I don't regret it.

Hi Ernie,

It's great to hear from you, so sorry to hear about your situation with Daniel Preston. Thank you for warning us about Daniels practices, your contribution to this thread most likely just saved many lives and wallets! You are a class act and wish you were still building blades. I feel very fortunate to still have a set of your blades and love how they fly.

All the best,

Chase

Aviomania.
Hello Nicolas,
I wish to ask if you have started manufacturing Aviomania rotor blades, and to know the maximum length rotor that would suit a Genesis CE with 582 Rotax.

Thank you,
Simmo

Aviomania.
Hello Nicolas,
I wish to ask if you have started manufacturing Aviomania rotor blades, and to know the maximum length rotor that would suit a Genesis CE with 582 Rotax.

Thank you,
Simmo
We are not selling them yet. And 23' blades except for one very heavy customer and they are 25' blades for him.

Aviomania
Thank you Nicolas,
you said you had supplied a 25ft rotor blade (to a very heavy customer) for their Genesis CE, am I right in assuming it was fitted with a 582 Rotax engine? I realise the longer the rotor the less its handling agility, but as I’m currently 122kg, and now part owner of the only single seat Genesis CE Gyro that I know of in Australia, I look forward to the day I’ve lost sufficient weight and endorsed to safely fly it, therefore it’s imperative that I know as much as I can beforehand...including the maximum rotor length that you would deem as safe to use in conjunction with a single seat Genesis Gyro with 582 Rotax motor. I’m also curious to know the actual weight of the pilot you had described to of been your very heavy customer, and what modifications if any, are needed (to be done if required in the future) to fit a 912 Rotax engine on such a model gyro.

Thank you Nicolas, I look forward to your reply.

Regards,
Simmo