Dragon Wing Damage

Thanks shootthrees, the 60 hours flying on them is probably what caused the cracks... I am sure the fact that they stopped flying on them is why we didn't get to read an accident report on them.... I reckon a few more hours and it would have come off or folded up.... someone was lucky......

That is a fair old dent in the top skin.... looks like one of the cracks is visible on the top edge too? Great news you are getting new ones... very wise. After a good going over, your machine will be great:D

All the best with your training

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1409248838171a.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1409248838171a.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 2
The photos may be deceptive. The marks look like cuts from the prop to me and not stess cracks.

PLEASE, as painful to the wallet as it might be, take a hacksaw and cut that blade with the prop strike in half so no one else is ever tempted to use it. If the other blade is damage free, keep it, even though they are sold as sets, people have had success with mismatching up blades, but that one blade needs to be cut up.

It wont get airborne by anyone until I have had several experienced eyes look it over and have completed a proper hang test with me and a full load of fuel. Per Doug, its 2-4 degrees nose down with the stick centered and 2.5 degrees being ideal. Hopefully, I wont need need cheek plates, but, if so I am prepared to make the change.

Hey shooter.... can you just check the amount of degrees you guys set your machines nose down? We hang ours 9-12 degrees nose down?

Maybe on an air command the angle is measured from a other than horizontal member of the airframe, giving you a 2-4 degree nose down? But if the keel is horizontal to the ground on the ground, and the keel is horizontal in flight, we hang ours down 9-12 degrees?:twitch:

The.2-4 degrees is measured on the mast.

That's perfect... sorry, I always go by the keel ;)

I though you must have been measuring from somewhere else... the mast never occurred to me :eek:

My machines have always been 2x2.5" so I have always had a level keel (on the ground) :party:

Any news on replacement rotors yet?

No doubt the skin strength is compromised. I would assume the major centripital load is taken by the extruded spar. Would a bonded aluminum doubler installed as a cuff restore the blades and be sufficient to take the minor aerodynamic, torsion and in plane loads?

Dino

I spoke with Moses today and he was packing them for shipping.

After training all week, I'm ready!