Doug Hughes the gyro pilot who laned on the capital lawn

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Airgyro AG915 Centurian, Aviomania G1sb
Total Flight Time
Gyroplane 70Hrs, not sure over 10,000+ logged FW, 260+ ultralights, sailplane, hang-gliders
I was told that Doug Hughes called Mark looking for a PitBull he just sold to fly around the country on tour.

PRA 31 has one for sale and I'm asking anyone who may know him to ask him to call 619 743 6712 or email me about seeing it.

GyroCFI;n1139128 said:
I thought he got a lot of prison time for his stunt?

He sure did!
120 days in Jail and one year on probation during which he was barred from touring the White House or the Capital building. :peace:

I wonder what happened to his Gyrocoptor. maybe it will end up in the simthsonian museum.

I spoke to Doug at Bensen Days last year. He told me that the FAA had released him to actually go get his Pilots License.
No one seems to know about GyRonimo; very likely it was melted down. No evidence, no claim to fame!

GyRonimo was taken to Area 51 to test it's stealth technology that allowed it to penetrate the Washington DC airspace un-detected. :)

Still think of Doug as a 'folk hero'.
He has guts.
Brian

I seriously doubt that.
Anybody remember the name of the fellow who stole a Cessna and flew it into the White House twenty-five years ago?
I thought not.

https://youtu.be/wm4BCmaaSEk