doodle bug powered hangglider

Just needs a bigger wing, because of the extra weight of the motor, the wing does fly abit like that, but he needs more lift, i didnt hear him back off the power at all :(

They're called minimums and quite popular in Europe. The name seems to be appropriate.

Around 20hp.

Dino

The machine is called a Doodlebug. Basically a powered hanglider. No problem with the wing size. He was indeed constantly on the edge of a stall. I think he realises how lucky he was to get away with it and is seeking instruction.

Hang gliding has been the only segment of aviation that I tried and did not like at all. I felt extremely vulnerable and barely in control, and after trying it did not wish to continue.

In that video it certainly looked as though he was not fully in control, but then we all start as beginners.

I would have to say that of all light flying machines the gyro is the one in which I have felt the most comfortable in high wind conditions.

Hi Leigh at el!
The last time I flew one I jumped off Laugna Mountain (4800' +) off for the Salton Sea.
Hit a rotor draft then a down draft... lost 3000+ feet (no altimeter) but only recovered at about 50' above the ground! Really thought I was going to go SPLAT! Then the adventure really began trying to get the ground crew to find me in the middle of the bad-lands!