Don't need any extra TP

We're pretty spoiled in the US for having no landing fees for single engine aircraft at the vast majority of airports. Free coffee and croissants are rare, though.

Croissants? Definitely rare at airports. After all, this is The Land Of The Free And The Home Of The Donut.

The news has also reported record sales of guns and ammo (not just TP) and gun stores have been declared an essential business (in my state) that must remain open.
Essential just means they can stay open. They are essential because some politicians took this as an opportunity to stop guns sales, abortions, and similar political footballs. Hard to justify a local golf course and liquor store being essential, but constitutionally protected rights being restricted. Remember, Never let a good crisis go to waste. Get what you can out of it.

The job you just lost might not seem essential to certain folks in the government, but I bet it was essential to you and your family.

I sometimes post "tongue in cheek" which means sometimes I am misunderstood. I personally do not like private arms, but, as @jm-urbani writes it is the American way, and I do respect every nation and people their divine rights to rule within their borders.

Should we all be the same, it would be a much less enjoyable life.

Long live our differences and our rights to express them.

We're pretty spoiled in the US for having no landing fees for single engine aircraft at the vast majority of airports. Free coffee and croissants are rare, though.
Or in the case of the airport where you and I met, they just close the restaurant entirely :)

That reminds me, I owe you a lunch/brunch when restaurants reopen.
Are there any places with pain chocolat in NJ? :unsure:

That reminds me, I owe you a lunch/brunch when restaurants reopen.
Are there any places with pain chocolat in NJ? :unsure:
It was my pleasure. Looks like there's a place in Hoboken for pain chocolat but will scout out some others. Will be good to see you again. Eventually.

These are the babies you want, our local bakery makes them on Sundays and fete days - ficelles au lard(lardons) bacon pieces, smoked they are to die for ... numerous other options and NONE are good fora diet ... yum yum

It says they're a speciality of the east of France. Aren't you in the west?

Brian, we might just have to do a pique-nique at your local airport. I want to see your project!

@Tyger Yes we are in the SW, they are originally specialities of the East but they are well loved here too. If not ordered one has to be early in the morning or they are gone. When we first arrived in France, my first visit to a artisan boulangerie I was like a child in a sweet shop for the very first time. Bread, bagette, pastries, gateaux. Nowadays, truly,I am not allowed to choose a treat, I take too long, passing from one to the next and back again. Side with the USA, France is a small country, still twice the size of GB, the gastronomy changes by department, specialities of each region, keeping a trim size here is not easy.

Generalities I know, but, in GB we tend to eat to refuel as one might re-fill the fuel tank, in France, with friends, eating is a social sharing occasion and Sunday lunch can easily go from 1200h till early evening with maybe a short break from the table for a stroll or a beloved game of boules.

Maybe there should be a link for food specialities from the regions in which we all live and work.

I could not contribute, in our house, the kitchen skills are shared, my wife cooks ... and I eat.

‘Pique-nique’ – many happy memories associated with that little word!

Something like this…

(it’ll pass the time if nothing else)

@Rotormouse Hi Shirley .. coincidence ... pee'ing down here so stuck inside actually half way through the "short hops" as I write.

I sometimes post "tongue in cheek" which means sometimes I am misunderstood.

My old Communications professor would have said "the purpose of communication is not so much to be understood, but to make sure that you are not misunderstood".
;)

I was in France in the 1950s when Tennessee Ernie Ford’s “16 Tons” topped the music charts. It was also translated and sung in several European languages but the French version was the best.

I gave a ride to a French friend and the radio in my VW Beetle was tuned to the US Armed Forces Radio network when on comes “16 Tons” by Ernie Ford. My French friend said; “You Americans steal all of our French songs.

Sometimes they just borrow a tune from the Brits and tell their own story without bothering about translations:

Touché !
Paul Anka used that French tune with his own unrelated lyrics to write My Way for Frank Sinatra.