Don't need any extra TP

ventana7

Gold Member
Aircraft
Xenon Gyroplane, Cessna 182
Total Flight Time
If we run short of TP here I can always use this stock certificate of my 10,000 shares of Groen Brothers stock.

Attachments

WaspAir

Supreme Allied Gyro CFI
Aircraft
Bell 47G-3B-1 / A&S 18A / Phoebus C, etc.
Total Flight Time
stopped caring at 1000
It would work better if you had 10,000 sheets for one share each.

WaspAir

Supreme Allied Gyro CFI
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
stopped caring at 1000
True, but fearful people stripped American stores of TP weeks ago to hoard it, and I haven't seen any on the shelves in well over a month (supply of some items is more like Venezualan stores than ordinary US markets). Nobody ever accused consumers of being rational. Hand sanitizer and masks are more understandably scarce, but canned soup, boxed pasta, and many other items have had periods of rarity.

Smack

Re-member?
Aircraft
Kitfox IV / F1 Rocket / Magni M-16 / Beech 18
Total Flight Time
500+
Plenty of TP on my grocery store shelves. Not a problem...

JETLAG03

Total Flight Time
300+ flexwing (pendulaire) newly trained on gyrocopter (autogire)
Here in France we had one day when a few items vanished off the shelves, there was an announcement to say stop hoarding and the supermarket shelves were re-filled overnight and no problems since. Signs in stores saying "buy only what you need, think of others" and it works. Some items have restrictions, flour I believe is 3 packets per person, hurray ... folks are learning to cook at home .. maybe kids will loose a little of the excess pork that has become a major health issue for this later generation.

Barney Bahle

Aircraft
Rotorway 162F
My neighbor works at the grocery store where I do most of my shopping. She told me there was a run on dried beans. One woman scooped up the last three bags then proceeded to ask where the liquid for them was. Can't make this shit up.

Tyger

Aircraft
Magni M16
Total Flight Time
This reminds me of the joke were the guy in the next toilet stall taps the wall and asks if there's any spare toilet paper, as his stall is completely out. When the answer is no, he asks if there's any newspaper on the floor. "Uhh, no, sorry". Then he asks, "Have you got change for a twenty?"

EI-GYRO

21st Century Crankhandler
No sheet! We had a short burst of bogroll panic buying, but it appears we then realised we were not so full of it as we thought.

WaspAir

Supreme Allied Gyro CFI
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
stopped caring at 1000
The news has also reported record sales of guns and ammo (not just TP) and gun stores have been declared an essential business (in my state) that must remain open. Perhaps confusing a respiratory disease with a digestive one isn't the only conceptual error; maybe the COVID-19 pandemic has been confused with The Walking Dead zombie plague, or else people fear they will need more weaponry to protect their TP stash from desperate neighbors with a case of the scoots.

jrrylee

Aircraft
Hornet with mods
Total Flight Time
10 hrs tandem training Magni M16
With zero bail policies and inmates being released in many states, having firearms at the ready is not a bad idea. (i didn't need to buy more though)

JETLAG03

Total Flight Time
Yep it's working out well for the USA the number of weapons in homes. Especially the super high powered armour piercing automatics and rocket launchers, I can see how this is "personal protection". Some might say it is all rather strange and certainly a bloody great big hammer to crack avery very small nut. (no I didn't me Trump..... but then)

Tyger

Aircraft
Magni M16
Total Flight Time
"super high powered armour piercing automatics and rocket launchers".
I know this forum is not the place, but that is a VERY inaccurate picture of weapon ownership here in the US, as most US citizens would know. I just retired from the US Army; I've fired both automatic weapons and rocket launchers (the very term "armor piercing" is completely disingenuous) – those are NOT the kind of things that folks can just buy, and it's certainly not what anyone keeps for personal protection.

JETLAG03

Total Flight Time
I stand corrected on the point of armour piercing shells, my comments were a reply to a previous comment regards weapons on this "humerous" thread which has, as do many,float from one subject to another as may a conversation at a bar. In part, my comment is meant as humerous, but at the same time, has more than a hint of seriousness.

Last edited:

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
Jetlag03....

It's because of our country originating with our own weapons that you are not speaking German right now.

Tyger

Aircraft
Magni M16
Total Flight Time
Looking at things from the french point of view, if more of us had bidets, we'd need less toilet paper. :giggle:
I remember the first night I spent as a guest in someone's Paris apartment. The guest bathroom had a bathtub, a sink, and a bidet... but no toilet. Imagine waking up in the middle of the night having to pee and discovering that the toilet is not in the "salle de bain". Où se trouve le WC? – a good phrase to remember!

JETLAG03

Total Flight Time
It is true that over here there was a huge number of French people posting saying "who thinks bidets are old fashioned now" ??